Gotta get rid of the Surface RT

JeffD78

Limp Gawd
So my wife made an impulse buy awhile back and got a first-gen Surface RT. It makes an excellent paperweight, but that's really about all she's able to use it for.

All she ever really does with the thing is play Flash-based games on Facebook. It chugs bad on anything Flash related. I've managed to get it to the point that it's just slow by turning off most of the pretty parts of the GUI, but I just got a Surface Pro 3 from work and made the mistake of letting her play with it, so the RT's gotta go... I'm looking at the Dell Venue 11 Pros, but I'm not sure if I should go for the Atom, i3 or i5 version. I'm a little gun shy since the Tegra 3 is a complete turd. Or is it more WinRT that's the turd?

I realize that since she only plays FB games on it, I'm going to have to apologize profusely to whatever hardware I get her...

I had the dell venue 8 with the atom proc, and it was a little laggy. But not unusable. i only returned it because I need a larger screen due to my vision.

Don't get the Atom version if she needs her CityFarmCastleville or whatever. The GPU is too slow. An i3 would be much better.

I went ahead and ordered a refurb i5 Venue 11 for her. We have a couple Atom based ones at work, so I brought one home for the weekend for her to try. It was far better than the RT, but there was still a slight, yet noticeable lag. She keps trying to steal my i7 Surface Pro 3...

Back