Got the SMP client to work but...

Mr Flibble

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
325
I was able to finally get the SMP client to run on my dual-core AMD. My first WU is at 23% now. FaHSpy reports that I will make the ultimate deadline with 2 days to spare but not the preferred deadline. How do the points work in this situation and would I be wiser to just go back to the nonsmp client?
 
doesn't affect points at all, as long as you make the final deadlines your fine.
 
Are you running Windows or Linux, BTW?
 
doesn't affect points at all, as long as you make the final deadlines your fine.

It doesn't affect points if you don't make the final deadline, but it does affect science as that unit gets reissued to someone else when you pass the preferred. If you can't make the preferred consistently, its advisable not to run SMP.
 
Back
Top