Got the Lian-Li LanCool K-12B ! It's cool!

Ockie

*** Self Proclaimed Storage King ***
Alright, so I wanted to get myself another case fix today so I ordered this baby. I wanted a cheap case but one with features that you do not typically find, so here we are.

dsc00795tzd.jpg

dsc00796k.jpg

dsc00797urm.jpg

dsc00798f.jpg

dsc00799iph.jpg

dsc00800vzr.jpg

dsc00801n.jpg

dsc00803jjd.jpg

dsc00804jqs.jpg

dsc00805xva.jpg

dsc00806r.jpg

My impressions:

The case is constructed from a steel frame with an aluminum body, this is actually becoming quite common and I like it a lot more, the attention to detail was pretty damn good for $100. Some of the things that I appreciated, solid, reversible, and lockable front door. I am not fond of doors, but when you have 9 5.25" bays on the front, the lockable door can be quite nice.

For $100 the attention to detail was great, the side panels made out of aluminum are super thin (typical lian-li style) but the entire chassis is steel and very solid, I would not hesitate putting heavy loads into this case. The front door is made from nice thick aluminum and is well ventilated and sealed (you can observe the silver seals). The case also features mat sound insulation, which is another big bonus, the insulation covers both entire panels. My plan is to insulate the non ventilated portion of the doors and basically every flat unused surface.

One thing you will notice is the activity led pass through, reversible door, ball bearing door holds on top and bottom, fan speed selector switch, sound proofing, riveted screw threads for the slots (not tapped sheet metal, which is great), two 120mm fans (although one is located in the hard drive bay which is removable, aluminum brushed siding, steel sub frame, and well ventilated front/back.

For $100, I am a happy camper.

Congrats, Lian Li aluminum-steel cases are worth their price. I personally have the Lan Cool Metal Boned K10 (Sacred 2 painted) link

Though also having a Lian Li V1100+ and a Lian Li A05, my gaming rig is going in the A05.

Back