Got some new Corsair cables!!

2012-04-10_19-40-04_916.jpg

2012-04-10_19-40-16_331.jpg

more to come...

I will be adding pictures in the morning sometime, but I can say this.... Despite adding extra cables and longer cables to my Corsair 650D, Cable management was much easier.

Those are very nice!

Where did you purchase those and can you compare them to say MDPC sleeving?

Ok, let's start at the very beginning.
Here was my old setup; in the Antec 1200. I liked this case, but I had issues with cable management.

Front:
IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

Back:
IMG_0236.jpg

Time to get a new case, after long deliberation, and a sale at newegg.com, I decided on the Corsair 650D. Awesome case by the way; it's just sexy. :D

I had a small problem when I was transferring components from my old case... Somehow, I had two broken screws holding one harddrive in it's cage. I had to carefully dismantle the hard drive cage with a pair of pliers, and a screwdriver, ever so delicately to avoid damaging the hard drive...
SUCCESS! :cool::
IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

No other problems with installation of components in the Corsair 650D. It was actually the easiest installation that I have done. The only problems I had were due to cable management.

The first snag I ran into was with trying to route my SATA cables.
IMG_0243.jpg

The location of the sata ports on my motherboard are not ideal. In my old case I used 3 90degree cables in the back row, and three "normal" SATA cables in the front. I could barly manage to plug one of the 90degree cables in the middle set of ports; the top would be impossible.

Not a huge problem, I have a few bazillion of every cable known to man in my computer lab... This is the end result:
IMG_0244.jpg

At the end of the day, this is how it looked:
IMG_0245.jpg

Now on to the new PSU cables...

Last edited:
The cables look great! Very bright color, and tight weave; a perfect balance of flexibility and rigid. The sleeves are made of (what feels like) nylon; has more of a plastic feel than a cloth...

When comparing the cables to the ones that come with the HX850, they are a bit longer.
Here is a comparison of the SATA power cables:
IMG_0320-1-1.jpg

About 4" longer overall; about an inch more in between each SATAconnector.
IMG_0321.jpg

Cool! right? Well this is what happens on the back side:
IMG_0323.jpg

The next connector reaches down to the 5th drive... Why they chose to do this, idk... It would be awesome if There was one cable with 6 connectors, that were perfectly spaced... (heck, I'd even pay for one (hint hint nudge nudge, Corsair...))

The only logical solution would be to do this:
IMG_0324.jpg

(which I thought looks pretty cool)...

Anyhow, Corsair includes an 8 pin CPU cable, and several PCI-E cables as well, so I zip-tied the three non modular cables together and tucked them in underneath the bottom hard drive cage. (No solution for the 24-pin ATX cable.) :(

All done, this is the back now:
IMG_0325.jpg

inside:
IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

Last edited:
My complete rig, and conclusion...
IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

So, Here is a TLDR conclusion

Cables: + Awesome length, color, feel...
Easier to manage than stock cables
- Too much space between SATA connectors
& it would be nice if the pack came with a 24-pin ATX extension cable

Corsair 650D:
+ Internal space has plenty of room to work with,
Sexy inside and out
Cable management is good

- Holes for cable management may not be in best location, depending on your motherboard.
I didn't mention it earlier, but I do not care for the way that the USB3 ports on the front are done. There are no headers, just male plugs that are supposed to route to the back IO panel, and plug in on the exterior... I wish it came with some sort of adapter of sorts. (I don't have USB 3.0 on my motherboard, nor do I have any USB 3.0 devices in my house...) so, it's just two more cables zip-tied inside the case for now)

Future Upgrades that I'm planning...

Corsair H80 or H100 for better CPU cooling,
Replace stock fans (researching BitFenix fans right now)
Shorter SATA cables; 18" cables are so damn long for this case.

That is all! Thanks Corsair for making pretty damn good stuff!:cool:

Last edited:
very cool

didn't know the cables were made longer with the sleeved. it will diff get moved up on my list of items to do on my desktop now. thanks for posting pictures

Those are very nice!

Where did you purchase those and can you compare them to say MDPC sleeving?

Thanks! I got them directly from Corsair.
http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-units/psu-accessories.html
I can't really compare them to any other sleeving. All I can say is that they exceeded my expectations.
very cool

didn't know the cables were made longer with the sleeved. it will diff get moved up on my list of items to do on my desktop now. thanks for posting pictures

Yes. Not just the SATA either. The 8 pin cpu cable is longer than the non-modular cable. Before, I could barley stretch the cable around the back of the case and come back in the top. In the "before" pictures, I'm actually using a 6" extension cable. Now I no longer need it.

you can easily remove those usb 3.0 cables. take off the front panel, take the front connections box off, and take the top of that and the cables easily slide out. i did this with the 1934 wire.

personally i don't care for sleeving that isn't 550 cord. i also don't care for long wires, that's why i made my own wires to just the right length.

i have a bitfenix spectre pro 200mm in the front of my 650d, i'm pleased with it.

it definitely looks better over all, but it could be improved and i'm just not a fan of bright blues.

you can easily remove those usb 3.0 cables. take off the front panel, take the front connections box off, and take the top of that and the cables easily slide out. i did this with the 1934 wire.

personally i don't care for sleeving that isn't 550 cord. i also don't care for long wires, that's why i made my own wires to just the right length.

i have a bitfenix spectre pro 200mm in the front of my 650d, i'm pleased with it.

it definitely looks better over all, but it could be improved and i'm just not a fan of bright blues.

How well did the fan fit in the front? I've heard that only the 20mm thick fan will fit in the front without removing the harddrive cages.

i removed my cages completely so i can't really answer that question... i think i have seen pics of people with the 200mm fan and cages on, but the 230mm fan didn't fit i think.

i removed my cages completely so i can't really answer that question... i think i have seen pics of people with the 200mm fan and cages on, but the 230mm fan didn't fit i think.
I hate to ask, but I assume you mounted your HDs in the 5.25" bays somehow?

i used this to fit one drive in the 5.25 bays and i drilled holes to mount my SDD, can't really explain that well so here is a pic (don't mind the wire mess on the right, i am waiting until i get a second 580 to finish making, sleeving and managing the rest of my wires):

211w17t.jpg

i used this to fit one drive in the 5.25 bays and i drilled holes to mount my SDD, can't really explain that well so here is a pic (don't mind the wire mess on the right, i am waiting until i get a second 580 to finish making, sleeving and managing the rest of my wires):
Holy color coordination, Batman!!... Looks good. What fan(s) are you using on top?

Damn! It's good to see Corsair taking this step to cater to the enthusiast market, but, damn, $90 for the set is pricey. It's in keeping with how much you'd pay to get someone else to do it for you, but I'd rather spend the money on the tools and do it myself. Shame I don't have any free time, at all, ever!

Does it come with everything you need? I mean a complete set, Power +12V etc etc...

How much do the cables cost?
$79.99

Does it come with everything you need? I mean a complete set, Power +12V etc etc...
Individually Sleeved Modular Cable upgrade kit for the Professional Series HX / Enthusiast Series TXM Series PSUs
Package Contents

11 Modular cables:

• One (1) EPS/ATX 12V Power Processor Connector 8 pin (4+4 split) Individually Sleeved Modular Cable, White
  • Four (4) PCI-Express Connector 8 pin (6+2 split) Individually Sleeved Modular Cable, White
  • Three (3) Serial ATA, SATA, Power Connector Individually Sleeved Modular Cable, White
  • Three (3) Peripheral Flat Power Connectors (4pin) Individually Sleeved modular Cable, White
Compatibility

HX1050/HX850/HX750/TX850M/TX750M/TX650M PSUs only.

10401d1329929906t-borderlands-2-launch-trailer-mother-god-meme-rage-face.jpg

Those are some expensive cables... how much did your PSU cost you in comparison?

Realistically for what you're getting yes they are expensive, but if you compare it to 3rd party vendors or the costs and labor to do it yourself it is a very reasonable price.

If you visit Psychosleeving he does just a 24 and 8 pin for $200. Granted its hand quality and MDPC sleeving, still obsurdly expensive.

I am personally waiting for Lutro0 to get back in business to get some nice, heatshrink-less, MDPC extensions for about $150 cheaper than Psychosleeving. He also does SATA cables.

Aren't the Alchemy cables from Bitfenix a great deal less? Last I checked they are between $5 and $10 for different sets (individually sold 4pin, 8pin, 24pin, etc).

Aren't the Alchemy cables from Bitfenix a great deal less? Last I checked they are between $5 and $10 for different sets (individually sold 4pin, 8pin, 24pin, etc).

I've never heard of them, definitely checking them out.

To my knowledge the Bitfenix Alchemy are extension cables whereas the Corsair are replacement cables.

dang you a big corsair fan lol. My set up is getting the same way though.

dang you a big corsair fan lol. My set up is getting the same way though.
I've been a system builder for over 20 years... Even back in the day Corsair was one of the top dogs for RAM. When they came out with PSUs a few years back, I was tickled pink. (My HX620 is still working like day-1. :D) Corsair has been a part of my life, and this is my way of showing my appreciation for their awesome quality and customer service. I have even been applying for several positions with Corsair; keeping my fingers crossed!

"Corsair compared to and NZXT extension. A LOT thinner. Single weave on the corsair as well.
I actually don't mind the less chunky look. The NZXT one is better quality though.
6958387879_803b759218_b.jpg
"

Quoting myself from the old corsair cables thread. I was pleased enough. Sli vga cables and the 24 pin were quite an effort to get flat in my build:

6955474561_2e944139df_b.jpg

Blue looks sick in your build btw

"Corsair compared to and NZXT extension. A LOT thinner. Single weave on the corsair as well.
I actually don't mind the less chunky look. The NZXT one is better quality though.
"

Quoting myself from the old corsair cables thread. I was pleased enough. Sli vga cables and the 24 pin were quite an effort to get flat in my build:

Blue looks sick in your build btw
Thanks for the comparison. Yeah, I would really like to to a bguild with a black/red theme, but the blue matches my motherboard better.

Back