Got screwed on eBay

twyztyr

Gawd
I paid, never got the goods...but here's the interesting thing:

I know who and where this guy is, I tracked him down and I'm absolutely positive the address and phone number I have now are legit, I had to do some detective work (it's actually a funny story if anyone wants to read it). Of course, the contact info from eBay was fake, and it's my own dumbass fault for an impulse BIN trigger pull without getting more info first. I filed complaints with PayPal and eBay, but of course they won't do a damn thing.

I ask you, the wonderful intelligent folks here at [H], what the hell do I do now? Should I try to file a complaint with the cops where he is in Louisville, KY or try something else? I've considered taking the 4 hour road trip to his house with some friends and emasculating the little prick, but any money I did get out of him would be spent on gas to get there and back...and I'm trying to decide if it'd be worth it to me or not, just on general principle. Anyhow, like I said, what should I do next?

Call Ebay. If This Was Through Ebay Not Outside Of Ebay, They Will Do Something Or Else Ebay Woudnt Exist.

sorry to hear this happened, but it does happen a lot. As mentioned, do the most you can with ebay to try and get justice. But if you do decide to actually go down to his house...pictures/video would be great :p

Anyways, was it a lot of money that you lost?

Good luck with whatever you decide...

I lost $70, which isn't that much, but as a broke ass college student, it could mean the difference between eating and starving for a week or two. I already filed the Fraud Complaints with eBay and PayPal, but I guess I may try to contact them again and see what they can do. I may also get in contact with the Louisville PD and see if they can do anything.

what I've found works best......

tie your credit card into your Paypal acct and use that to pay for any Ebay auctions.

This way, if you get screwed and Ebay/Paypal take their sweet a$$ time helping you, bypass the crappy system and just dispute the CC charges and your bank should be able to help you out!

I've had to do this twice in the past 6 months with some shady Ebay vendors. As soon as I filed a Paypal complaint and put a hold on my CC payment they suddently became *VERY* helpful.......

Good luck!

what to do? call the cops..

what I would do: take that drive to that persons house and kick their ass.. sure you would loes money.. :D but they won't do it again.. :D better yet.. take his/her tv when you're done.. and computer too :D

umm ok smart guy :rolleyes: ...........get the cops called on you for assault???

keep it legal............as much as we'd like to go give trolls a physical pounding, resorting to something illegal/violent isn't worth it.....

take him/her to small claims court in their town....

Costs like $40 to file the paperwork for claims up to $5000 I think.....

May vary from state to state, however, so check @ the town office....

or you could just use ebay's insurence and get all your money back....
they insure all purchases up to 250 dollars, minus a 25 dollar deductible, so 250-25-70, you will get all of it back.
Takes like 3 weeks, but its worth it.

ebay does not care, will not do a thing for you, nor paypal(ebay) they both got the money they wanted and don't want to hear from you. I stoped getting burned on ebay by only buying from people with 99% feedback or better, over 200 items sold or more, no matter what. :(

frodo said:
ebay does not care, will not do a thing for you, nor paypal(ebay) they both got the money they wanted and don't want to hear from you. I stoped getting burned on ebay by only buying from people with 99% feedback or better, over 200 items sold or more, no matter what. :(

You are stupid. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul......
NO SHIT they wont come galloping on a horse to your rescue, yes, you will actually have to fill things out, and perhpas look around in the help section of what to do for fraud. That COULD help :rolleyes:

eBay does NOT have a phone number, just email and online chatting with a rep.

PayPal on the other hand, HAS a phone number that could come in handy when this occurs.

You might as well call paypal and tell them about this, then in most circumstances they will withdraw the money that you lost from the guy from his account and would be redeposited in yours.

I have seen this happen before and hopefully everything works out fine for you.

mogman42 said:
umm ok smart guy :rolleyes: ...........get the cops called on you for assault???

keep it legal............as much as we'd like to go give trolls a physical pounding, resorting to something illegal/violent isn't worth it.....

take him/her to small claims court in their town....

Costs like $40 to file the paperwork for claims up to $5000 I think.....

May vary from state to state, however, so check @ the town office....

:D what I would do, not what he/she should do :D

I find I can';t control my impulses :D

Back