Got notification my order for HL2 is being processed.

punisher

Supreme [H]ardness
Months ago I pre-ordered HL2 for $39.99 from CompUSA. Lo and behold today I get a confirmation and a statement that my order is being processed.

Has anyone heard about some sort of surprise from Valve? Just curious before I get my hopes up. Sad for an old man to get his heart rate up over this.

It´s just their way of thanking you letting they earn interest for your money ;) I wonder how much they have earned from people preordering Duke Nukem forever?

I heard some strange rumor about a April 8th release of HL2. I highly highly doubt anything of the sort, but .... I did hear a rumor.

Official word from Gabe Newell himself says that Valve is targeting "a summer completion for Half-Life 2". I wouldn't be surprised if it came out September 30th, 2004 :D. I'm growing just as impatient as everyone else, but next month's PC Gamer will have an inside scoop on Half-Life 2's gameplay and how it's shaping up so far, it should be a pretty good article.

By the way - Noid, the quote in your sig from a Group X song?

Originally posted by oqvist
It´s just their way of thanking you letting they earn interest for your money ;) I wonder how much they have earned from people preordering Duke Nukem forever?

It sparked my curiosity because my card was not supposed to be charged until it shipped (and indeed it just got charged today), hmmmmmmm.

it's an automated e-mail. i would hope they soon send you another saying it was a mistake.

It's just their way of saying they're slow as hell.

If they start processing now, you might get it when it's released later this year.

My amazon.com preorder of:

Doom 3
Half Life 2

Shipping estimate: Mar 4, 2004
Delivery estimate: Mar 11, 2004 - Mar 12, 2004

hl2.gif

sigh... :eek:

I thought they could not charge your credit card until the product has shipped?

If I'm talking out my a$^ let me know

Originally posted by war_child
I thought they could not charge your credit card until the product has shipped?

If I'm talking out my a$^ let me know

Hence my post, that is what it said when I ordered many moons ago.

Originally posted by punisher
Hence my post, that is what it said when I ordered many moons ago.

Hmm don't let the heart run to fast, I'll hold my breath for you.

Back