Got myself a BFG 8800 GT OC!

xvioz

Weaksauce
Finally found a 8800 GT available in Canada besides the Asus one. Cost me $280 @ NCIX. Grabbed 2GB o' OCZ memory too. Haven't upgraded in awhile so this is great lol.

The whole order came to like $440 shipped.. not bad compared to local prices. Also took everyones advice and I'm buying a Q6600 instead of an E6850 (locally though, they've got 'em on sale). :D

Nice, I think that you will like it alot. I loved mine till I had to sell it.

It will not disappoint. I currently have mine at 700 / 1900 completely stable and I'm still going. :)

Tempted to pick one up not sure why Bestbuy has so many around here.

Wicked.

I was originally gonna wait for the EVGA SSC one but they're insanely backordered apparently and I saw they finally had a couple 8800GTs in stock, saw BFG so I grabbed it. I loved my 6600 GT OC way back when so I'm sure I'll love this one too.

I'm gonna see how well everything runs stock then if I want a little more from it I'll start reading guides on how to overclock (I'm a total nub with that stuff lol).

I have the exact same card.

I'm currently running it at 720/1782/1015

how loud is the fan on the BFG 8800 GT OC?

At its stock setting (29%) I cannot hear it over my other case fans. I usually bump it up to 80% when gaming and its definitely noticeable but personally does not bother me.

I have the exact same card.

I'm currently running it at 720/1782/1015

I just got that card to, my max core / shaders it exactly the same as yours but I can't get the memory above 950? :confused:

It will pass a 3DM06 run up to about 1026 but Crysis and ATITool crash after about 3 minutes even with insane cooling... :(

I might try loosening some timings in the BIOS but it is looking like an interface problem, it's funny how some cards do 1.1GHz+ with no problems?

I'm fairly sure the BFG boards are all from PCP rather than Foxconn, my PCB wasn't washed properly and I think the Foxconn boards are darker, maybe only the Foxconn boards to 2GHz.

It will be interesting to see what the Flextronics boards can do...

The GPU on my BFG get's about 65 C during "full load".
I managed to clock the memorys higher when I removed the termaltape from the heatsink. In my case I belive that the heatsink heated them up rather than cooling them?

Back