Got my Quad SLI setup , its huge!!..Pics

belmicah said:
WTF!!!

I would like to believe you, but then I would be lying. You cannot be serious. That's like saying Christmas was yesterday, but I didn't open my presents.

Well, OPEN YOUR DAMN PRESENTS!!

No it's not. I have a 7950 that's never been installed. It's just sitting there in the box. Took it out to look at it, took some pictures, and then put it away.

does that QUAD SLI marker show up in every game when quad is used? Or is it a feature you can turn on and off? I know the answer is somewhere in this thread, but im too tired to read thru 13 pages of posts

no its not .. in the driver options u can select load balancing i believe and that will either display that bar or take it away

BronxBartoni said:
does that QUAD SLI marker show up in every game when quad is used? Or is it a feature you can turn on and off? I know the answer is somewhere in this thread, but im too tired to read thru 13 pages of posts

You open the new Nvidia control panel, select the 3 D Settings Icon, at the top of the new window applette that appears you select 3D settings (next to View) and select "show visual indicators) its a toggle scenario

BF2-2006-07-19-22-14-40-50.jpg

Nice! My 7900GTXs keep me happy, if only because I can't afford a 30" monitor in terms of money or space...and I thought I was King of the World with my SLI setup.

You ruined my day. :( J/K! Enjoy your as-close-to-life-as-it-gets gaming experience!

I am running one 7950 with the 91.37 drivers and I cant find the load balancing option. Does it take anyone else 5 minutes for the control panel to load?

ohgod said:
I am running one 7950 with the 91.37 drivers and I cant find the load balancing option. Does it take anyone else 5 minutes for the control panel to load?

No it should not take that long. I had to completely remove all nvidia drivers including the chipset one and install the 6.86 chipset and 91.37 fresh to have things rock.

ohgod said:

it lags a bit before it opens

decapitator said:
Your MB does not run hot upside down?? Asus told me it would :confused:

Nope, or let me put it this way, temperatures are nominal. I am not an exstream overclocker

DemoMode said:
How does having it upside down affect the heatpipe?

It does not affect it. These modern heatpipes have a wick material in them that wicks the fluid back . Thats how it was explained to me.

All I can say is it has had no effect on my system stability. I do have excellent air flow with this case as well.

Well I certainly don't have Quad-SLi or a Dell 3007 ( :( ), but I DO have my shiny new GX2 card which arrived from NCIX just today :D

This one came with a free copy of HL2: Episode One :cool:

Pics (I'll post benchmark results once I get my new rig built this weekend):

PC004.jpg

PC005.jpg

PC006.jpg

congrats!!!!

You will be assimulated............. There is a little voice that will begin whispering in your ear, " buy a second one " buy a second one" . :p

jacuzz1 said:
congrats!!!!

You will be assimulated............. There is a little voice that will begin whispering in your ear, " buy a second one " buy a second one" . :p

lmao

ya man, I swear on my life, I will DEFINITELY purchase a 3007 within the next year.

As far as Quad SLi goes, well, it all depends...I need the monitor first, considering I'm running a 17" Viewsonic CRT...Quad SLi would probably make my monitor explode :p

AND...if I DO get a 2nd GX2 it'll be at least another 6 months before I can afford one...by that time, DX10 will most likely be available. Maybe not in its entirety, but it'll be there.

But at any rate, thx for the congrats...especially since I'm upgrading from a P.O.S. GeForce FX 5200.

DoomRulz said:
lmao

ya man, I swear on my life, I will DEFINITELY purchase a 3007 within the next year.

As far as Quad SLi goes, well, it all depends...I need the monitor first, considering I'm running a 17" Viewsonic CRT...Quad SLi would probably make my monitor explode :p

AND...if I DO get a 2nd GX2 it'll be at least another 6 months before I can afford one...by that time, DX10 will most likely be available. Maybe not in its entirety, but it'll be there.

But at any rate, thx for the congrats...especially since I'm upgrading from a P.O.S. GeForce FX 5200.

Going from a 5200 to one of these must be a wet dream for you lol

jacuzz1 said:
Going from a 5200 to one of these must be a wet dream for you lol

You have no idea... :cool:

I must admit, the card is smaller and lighter than I expected...all the pics I see on the web gave me the impression it was enormous and heavy :p

my 5200 is a pipsqueak next to it lol...i'll post a comparison shot l8r on

Alright, here's that photo I mentioned...don't think I have to tell you which is which ;)

PC.jpg

Roflmoa............Congrate again and welcome to gaming the way it was meant to be ;)

ohgod said:

Uninstall JAVA. Yes..it was annoying...31 dosen't do it..but .33 onwards does..and since then i got rid of java..gotta love latest utorrent :)

You know i never downloaded the amd patch for dual core since my task manager showed tow cores. I was a little pissed when even in quad, or at least un optimized quad , I could nt get graw to play nice at 8x sl and 16x af

22560x1600 I wouild get some stutter. I loaded the driver for dual core and bang!!!!! could be a qoinky dink but i dont think so. I am very pleased and look foward to new drivers updates. Things are beginning to fall into place.

hmm i havent tried anything but css .. maybe ill try some fear tonite at 2560x1600 with 8xaa and 16xaf

8x SLI (TRMSAA) 16AF
Gamma Correct on

Fun with Graw she dipped to 20fps but i did not care it looked so good

Remember Quad sort of works in Graw .. need a better driver

grawfun.jpg

GRAW2560x1600.jpg

Jasonx82 said:
I also received my 7950gx2 today! :D

congrates man, I cannot wait to see what your card will do in conjunction with Conroe.

My decision to go Conroe will be based in part on the performance you attain.

My 7950GX2 arrived last night, pairing it with a Dell 24" widescreen LCD I got on Friday, should be pretty nice! I pinched a nerve in my back just hours after I set the LCD up, so I can't bend over and install the video card for a few more days. *GRR!* Getting old certainly sux0rz! :(

Currently I have just one 7950GX2, but I have another on the way so I will soon have a Quad SLI rig.

While I am setting that up I may just go ahead and throw in some phase-change cooling on my FX-60 and really see what a serious rig can do.

arentol said:
Currently I have just one 7950GX2, but I have another on the way so I will soon have a Quad SLI rig.

While I am setting that up I may just go ahead and throw in some phase-change cooling on my FX-60 and really see what a serious rig can do.

Now your talking. We want so see pics !!!!

I've only got one 7950GX2:

DSC00634.jpg

Yeah, I know, you can barely see the actual graphics card with that 120mm fan there. I'm using a zalman fan bracket...and no, there's no hole in my side panel. There's almost an inch of clearance between the fan and the side panel though; I'm relying on that for the fan to breathe. It does seem to help temperatures a little bit (I have it blowing onto the card rather than exhausting air away from it) though I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it there. Still looking/considering better options. I've tried cutting acrylic before (not for an actual mod, I had a spare side panel from a trashed case that I was experimenting with) and I am not at all confident enough in my skills to attempt it for real. Performance PCS offers side panels with holes pre-cut for Lian-Li cases but I don't know if they'll do a custom hole to my specifications for the exact location or not.

I'm starting to consider shopping for a new case.

Yeh I was looking at a TJ07 but i decided to buy the side panel for the plus version of my my case along iwth the fan kit. I am going to go with a faster intake fan and then use the fan kit toexhause out of the side. Things run fine but i dont like my mobo temps in the high 50's

Do you think it would be better to have a side panel fan over the 7950GX2 working as an intake, or as an exhaust?

Daggah said:
Do you think it would be better to have a side panel fan over the 7950GX2 working as an intake, or as an exhaust?

Exhaust would be a good idea...I'm running a Lian Li V2000B Plus II, and the added side fan is blowing air right off my graphics card. Needless to say, it helps.

I'll post a pic later on.

jacuzz1 said:
Now your talking. We want so see pics !!!!

Once I have it all together I will definitely post some, but it might take some time because I just never seem to have the free time to get the Vapochill installed... Need a solid 6 hours set aside to make sure it goes right, and I just never seem to be able to find the time. I also have to figure out how to add air cooling to the videocard area. With the Vapochill installed the chiller cable will be sandwiched between the videocards and the side window as it is. I might have to add an external fan on the side, which is kinda ugly, but will just have to be done I suppose.

I will load them late tonight and post my experience. . If anybody has time to do it sooner please post your results in this thread

new offical drivers now out at nvidia.com 91.45's. I had issues with my quad sli and my dell 2005fpw in dvi mode. It all works NOW. Go get the new Drivers, finally offical ones :)

Back