• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Got my HD595s today..

Strykar

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
299
I'm in absolute heaven :D

Just playing it straight from my Zen Micro atm, can't wait to get it home and see what else I need to upgrade :p

I have a small preamp for my guitar that Ill try, not expecting much from that or my onboard sound, but I didn't want to buy a bunch of stuff before realizing where I came from

I haven't been this happy in a long time :D:D
 
Sounds like when I got my HD-595's a couple weeks ago. Mine had been broken in when I got them though, so expect them to get a bit better.

Then, I built a little Cmoy amp and was in heaven all over again. :D
 
Im having difficulty believing it gets much better than this, but thanks for the encouragement :D

I wore them on my break today while my co-worker drove us around, it's so awesome.. the only thing I hear is what I WANT to hear, Im not trying to say it cancels out sound, because it doesn't.. I just had it turned up so high :D

Man, coming from those set of shitty Altec Lansings, this is amazing, I can remember my ears hurting when I turned them up this much, so comfortable, so... delicious... HD595, will you marry me?

Makes me wish I had a job where I didn't have to answer the phone at work (aside from the obvious) how i'd love to do this all day... Would be cool if you could hook up headphones to the phones how you can in a car with a headset with the music turning off when a call comes in.
 
w00t for the HD595s, very comfortable, love my pair....

and there probably is a program that allows you to do that, only problem is a mic attachment (which im currently looking dismally for for teamspeak)
 
My, Prog Rock sounds like orgasm in a can (ha ha, get it, can?) drool... I prefer headphones to 5.1s anyday now. I have been changed :D

Im getting a bit of feedback unfortunately, but it's not enough to ruin my mood.
 
I'm getting my 595's in the mail today. I can't wait. I've also got a little c-moy on the way too. Too bad I still have about 3 1/2 more hours of work. :(
 
Cousin Patty said:
I'm getting my 595's in the mail today. I can't wait. I've also got a little c-moy on the way too. Too bad I still have about 3 1/2 more hours of work. :(


You're going to love them, my friend :D Im still grinning ear to ear :D:D
 
Question, the back of the box says it's 50ohms of impedence, I peeled the rating off, it says 120ohm under it. Several sites have 50ohms listed, others have 120ohm, who am I to believe? :eek:

I remember seeing a cable manager a few weeks back for wired mice that would extend the cable as needed by pulling on it lightly, is there such a thing for headphone cables, mainly for transporitng? 10 feet of cable is quite a bit to manage in my jacket's pocket :p
 
Strykar said:
Question, the back of the box says it's 50ohms of impedence, I peeled the rating off, it says 120ohm under it. Several sites have 50ohms listed, others have 120ohm, who am I to believe? :eek:

The HD-595 was built in both 50 ohms and 120 ohms, the 50 ohms being the newer ones if I'm not mistaken. It most likely is a 50 ohms version, and they put it in a 120 ohms box with a sticker over it to save the costs of having to redesign and remanufacture the boxes. :)
 
Right, the 595 was originally built at 120 ohm, for the last, uh, year or more (I think) new ones have been built at 50. Since yours is new it's almost certainly 50. I believe they shipped the 50s in the boxes that say 120 for a while, without changing the boxes...so if they're using a sticker now, that's some progress :)
 
Very nice Strykar. :)

I wonder who could have praised the 595s in PMs to you for the past week?

*cough*

:p

EDIT: They are 50 ohm, all the new ones are.
 
Svperstar said:
Very nice Strykar. :)

I wonder who could have praised the 595s in PMs to you for the past week?

*cough*

:p

EDIT: They are 50 ohm, all the new ones are.


It was rough, especially considering how everyone at work is a Bose freak for some strange reason, thanks for the suggestion :D
 
Strykar said:
It was rough, especially considering how everyone at work is a Bose freak for some strange reason, thanks for the suggestion :D

UGH! They all tried to get you to buy TriPorts? :rolleyes: Thats awesome. I bet they never even heard of Senn.
 
Svperstar said:
UGH! They all tried to get you to buy TriPorts? :rolleyes: Thats awesome. I bet they never even heard of Senn.

Actually, Quite Comfort 2s, rofl... And no, they haven't :(
 
Strykar said:
Actually, Quite Comfort 2s, rofl... And no, they haven't :(

Tell them they represent the worst side of Western Capitalism and Consumer culture, and have them listen to your 595s.

I went an saw Zathura last night and a girl in the movie was wearing Quiet Comforts lol
 
Svperstar said:
Tell them they represent the worst side of Western Capitalism and Consumer culture, and have them listen to your 595s.

I went an saw Zathura last night and a girl in the movie was wearing Quiet Comforts lol


I can't say much as Im quite the consumer whore.. but atleast I read up before blowing my load!


Err.. that was not a sexual reference :p
 
I can't say much as Im quite the consumer whore.. but atleast I read up before blowing my load!


Err.. that was not a sexual reference :p

Looks like you "blew your load" pretty well this time with the HD595s. So have they given you an "eargasm" with über good sound quality yet? ;) :D
 
FaRKle0079 said:
Looks like you "blew your load" pretty well this time with the HD595s. So have they given you an "eargasm" with über good sound quality yet? ;) :D


See my: "orgasm in a can" reference :D
 
i love my 580's precision;s


i am not an audiophile but when i got these baby;s abd plugged them into my PC WOW - then via my AMP and my PC via SPDIF out to my stereo holly CRAP!!

@ the time $280 well spent!
 
Just got mine in a day ago. I love these headphones. I dont even have my amp in yet and I'm already thinking these are great. Hard to believe they get better after burn-in and when they're amped.
 
Oh beleive me.. everythings better amped.. even 10$ streetstyles. My amp makes a huge differnce on my DT880s. You are lucky to live in San Antonio.. hehe I just bought my first hi-fi setup and I live abit south of you, in Victoria Texas, there's NOT ONE decent sound shop in this WHOLE TOWN! There's not a decent headphone to be found... zip.. nadda. It sucks hehe had to order my 880's and Headroom Micro "Blind" never hearing good phones or amp before.. was a leap of faith but a good one :)

Regards,
MIke
 
What are some good places for headphones here in SA? i havent looked around in any actual stores here. ive been getting everything online.
 
These things have completely changed my lifestyle, it's so wonderful.. I spent a lot more time outside now, for instance.. I sat on a picnic table yesterday doing my homework at school before class, playing some "Obscured by the clouds".. wind blowing through my hair, sunny day.. it was truly awesome.
 
MrGuvernment said:
^^ lol sounds like a commercial :)

Very few upgrades have made me this happy :) I take them wherever I can, still looking for some kinda wire management, still stuffing it all into my jacket's inside pocket.. rofl.
 
1st of all congrats on the purchase!
2nd.. Anyone have a pair of HD590's? I've had mine for about 6 months. Ay first I couldn't decide between them and the 595's. Since the difference in the store was that the 590's were a "tad" crisper, I bought those (and the price, at the time, was about $90 less). When I 1st got them home them actually seemed a little too bright. As they have matured over the last 6 months or so, the sound has mellowed out a bit and sound very much like the used ones in the store, which is GOOD! Anyone else use the 590's?

~Aux
 
I purchased some Seinheisser noice cancelation headphones last x-mas for my mother and after reading all the love for the 595's in this thread i snagged a pair for for 178 shipped...should I even bother plugging them in to my now on board sound or wait for the x-fi to get here too? :p
 
dx2 said:
I purchased some Seinheisser noice cancelation headphones last x-mas for my mother and after reading all the love for the 595's in this thread i snagged a pair for for 178 shipped...should I even bother plugging them in to my now on board sound or wait for the x-fi to get here too? :p


When I made this thread.. a week ago, I had onboard and was very pleased as you could tell, but now that I have an X-Fi i'm even happier, next on the list is a nice little amp ;)
 
Hmm.. was realativly young when I lived there.. hehe certainly dident have the cash, But I do remember a place called "Bjorn's Audio" or somthing like that. Think it's pretty high end. Break out the phonebook otherwise, SA's a big place im sure there's more then a few hi fi shops around.

Cousin Patty said:
What are some good places for headphones here in SA? i havent looked around in any actual stores here. ive been getting everything online.
 
Strykar said:
When I made this thread.. a week ago, I had onboard and was very pleased as you could tell, but now that I have an X-Fi i'm even happier, next on the list is a nice little amp ;)

What amp are you going to get with your 595s and yoour X-Fis? I have the same setup and love the sound but wondering if an amp is something that I should pickup.
 
Back
Top