• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Got my HD3870 today

alg7_munif

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
5,862
I've already ordered an 8800GT for 250Eur in the last two weeks but decided to cancel it since I need to wait till 26th November anyway to get the card. Then I ordered the HIS HD3870 last thursdays, it was shipped on friday and should have been delivered to me on saturday but I was't at home so I just picked it up from DHL this morning. I've sold my X1950XTX for 202Eur in eBay and paid just 198Eur for the HD3870. I must say that I'm really impressed by the performance of the card when compared to the X1950XTX and the best part is I got it like almost free, just need to pay the shipping cost :D
 
I've already ordered an 8800GT for 250Eur in the last two weeks but decided to cancel it since I need to wait till 26th November anyway to get the card. Then I ordered the HIS HD3870 last thursdays, it was shipped on friday and should have been delivered to me on saturday but I was't at home so I just picked it up from DHL this morning. I've sold my X1950XTX for 202Eur in eBay and paid just 198Eur for the HD3870. I must say that I'm really impressed by the performance of the card when compared to the X1950XTX and the best part is I got it like almost free, just need to pay the shipping cost :D

paragraphs??
 
withoutpics0blpp8.gif
 
Nice card indeed, but you could use some air and blow the dust out of your case.
 
thanks for the 1920x1200 crysis bench. its much better than my ~15fps on a X1900XT256 in actual game play, which is playable to me surprisingly :p
 
And DX10? Very High?
Put shader on Very High, Post processing off, volumetrick off, texture High, Shadows Medium, and rest of the stuff Very HIgh. also if you can run it on 1680x1050 a lot of poeple have it 16:10 res.

Thanks man :)
 
And DX10? Very High?
Put shader on Very High, Post processing off, volumetrick off, texture High, Shadows Medium, and rest of the stuff Very HIgh. also if you can run it on 1680x1050 a lot of poeple have it 16:10 res.

Thanks man :)

No Vista, sorry. Unless M$ already have the 64bit driver out for their fingerprint reader KB, I won't get Vista soon.
 
Nice pics, certainly is a good looking card.
But is it me? Or is your card bowing in that last pic? =P
 
The bending is an optical illusion as a result of the angle, distance to the objects and the vignetting of the lens in the camera used to take the shots. The entire motherboard seems to bulge towards the picture in it, after all.


I have to second the "blow the air out" statement, it's not much for the naked eye but it's a good habit to pick up - at least once a month, maybe twice.
 
Back
Top