• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Got my Dell 2001 FP today

Archer75

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 10, 2001
Messages
6,471
This thing is so sweet. Even bigger than what I was expecting, and much heavier too.

NO dead pixels
NO backlight issues
NO Screen door effect(unless you look at it 8" or closer, this is an issue on ANY LCD, weather it be a flat panel or a front projector. At my viewing distance I don't see any screen door)

Played a bit of BF1942 and no ghosting. Graphics look even better than my 20" CRT.
 
One issue I am having is on BF1942. When you are setting options and selecting servers, most of that is off of the screen. I can't see the buttons to launch the game. Any ideas?
 
Funny.. I just had the same thing happen.

Final straw for this ATI card. bought it just for my new 2001,, sending it back and putting in my nvidia card. . . . .
 
Originally posted by Archer75
One issue I am having is on BF1942. When you are setting options and selecting servers, most of that is off of the screen. I can't see the buttons to launch the game. Any ideas?
Are you running your desktop and BF at 16x12? You might also try checking the "Scale image to panel size" option in Advanced Display Properties, Displays tab, FPD options.

I got my 2001FP today, too, and I'm almost in awe. Ok, considering the fact that I'm upgrading from a 17" Trinitron CRT, I AM in awe. Were it not for the fact that I use two 18" LCDs at the office, I would've probably fallen over backward like that guy in the Best Buy HDTV commercial. :D

If I turn off all the lights, turn Brightness all the way up, and blank the screen I can see one green dead pixel and a little backlight bleed in the upper right corner. With the brightness at a comfortable 40 and anything at all on the screen, I can see one hell of a beautiful picture. One dead pixel out of almost 2 million isn't bad at all. Oh, and no "screen-door effect" (laff) unless I lean way in. :p

Shiite, this thing is so big I have to look around just to see things on different parts of the screen. :)

I have a mounting arm on the way. I plan to suspend this sucker from my desk's hutch and lose the base.
 
Mine has two dead pixels, a red one and green one. They annoyed me at first, but I got used to them after a while. Besides, the red one is only noticable on light backgrounds, while the green can only be seen on dark backgrounds.
 
I noticed that if you hook it up VIA RGB, some things don't scale right onto the monitor, and turning off the scaling fixes it, also you can have it manually "auto calibrate" to fix it as well. Using it VIA DVI i haven't seen this issue at all.

Mine is also perfect, no issues with backlight leakage, no dead pixels, screendoor is there if i LOOK for it.

Dec 2003 Manufacture date.
 
Good info! Thx, due.

Much better solution than swapping back to your old card!
 
Just got mine today, and it's awesome. It's way more bright than I'm used to though. My old Hitachi 19in CRT had three different preset color modes, one of which was real mellow on the whites, and brightness. This thing is BRIGHT! The whites are very bright.

I can't see anything dead, and only a faint light area in the top right area, small area, that is only noticable if the screen is all dark.

Haven't gamed with it yet. RUnning at non native res, and it still looks great. I can read and view from like a yard away from it. Far out man. Also makes no noise, and moves easily...I roll mine on a stand that also holds my speaker units. AN old stereo stand.

All in all, pretty awesome, although I wish I could tone the bright down.
 
For those who just got their 2001 fp, I would like to say I got mine (manu. Dec '03) on Monday and I, like you guys, am blown away. For the record though I would like to know if when you say "no backlight issues" is that meant as an absoulute "no" or does that mean that while it may be mildly present, it's not enough to bother you? I'm just curious because while I must say this is miles better than what I've been using (ViewSonic A90), I do have some minor upper right corner backlight leakage. It's slightly visible with an all black screen of course, and a tad noticeable when watching DVD's with letterbox bars. One more note: I could find only one dead blue subpixel (nose to the screen). Never see it in normal usage. Seriously though, I am EXTREMELY happy with my new IMAX.
 
Originally posted by [X]
For the record though I would like to know if when you say "no backlight issues" is that meant as an absoulute "no" or does that mean that while it may be mildly present, it's not enough to bother you?
That's pretty much my case. If I wait until after dark and turn off all the lights and crank monitor brightess all the way up then I can see some bleed in the uppper right. Ditto for my poor little dead green pixel. Fortunately, I don't sit in the dark staring at a blank monitor. Ok, I don't do that much.

Anymore...

No, really. I don't.



:D
 
Okay, I gamed with it. COD and it looked phenomenal. The regular color setting with whatever resolution I wanted looked natural in the game. Sweet for FPS. Ghosting was zero.

Well, I feel like a stoner becuause I found the display settings as far as brightness and whatnot that you can change within the nvidia part of the display settings. Doh! It works though, which is sweet.
 
After playing around with it for the past day I must admit I do notice alittle bit of light in the upper right when the screen is all black. But it's hard to notice even then. And then i'm browsing the web or playing games I don't notice it at all.

Still loving this LCD! Worth every penny!
 
The problem with BF is the file located in:

c:\program files\EA Games\Battlefield 1942\mods\bf1942\Settings\VideoDefault.con

Locate the following line in the file:
renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

Change it to:

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0

It will fix your issue.
 
Originally posted by Archer75
After playing around with it for the past day I must admit I do notice alittle bit of light in the upper right when the screen is all black. But it's hard to notice even then. And then i'm browsing the web or playing games I don't notice it at all.

Still loving this LCD! Worth every penny!

I get that occasionaly, but it seems to go in and out for me. I definately love mine too.
 
Just got mine in the mail and I gotta say........

IT RULEZ!

I give two craps what others have to say about this LCD, I love it and I am most certain that many others would too had they the chance to game on it for even 5 minutes.
 
Back
Top