Got MX Revolution + WiFi card + Vista ? look here

robbiekhan

Gawd
Basically I would like to see if anyone else exhibits this issue I experience on my MX Revolution - the issues is whenever the wireless connection utilises high bandwidth (ie: xferring data over LAN or maxing out my 20MB bb line) the mouse lags heavily until the usage drops down to normal levels.

I have a MX1000 as well and running both mice side by side the MX1000 does not have any issues at all, in fact when the MX Rev lags I quickly grab the MX1000 and notice the cursor moves as if nothing ever happened so it's defo a MX Revolution issue with Wireless it would seem.

I am thinking it's my Linksys WMP54G wireless card not fully compatible with my Asus P5KC so wanted to know the following from anyone here who has the mouse and a pci wifi card.

A: load up a network share folder and begin transferring a large file over the LAN over wireless, does your MX Revolution lag whilst this happens ?

1: What brand is your PCI Wifi card

2: How old is your MX Revolution

3: What mobo you have

I have swapped wireless channels and also ran the mouse dongle off an extension lead away from the wifi card but still no fix.

If you guys see no issue and you're not using a Linksys WMP54G I will pick up a new wifi card tomorrow and see what happens!

Cheers!

Back