[H]ard|Gawd
...............$2182.24 worth of Apple Crack,
12" Powerbook $1399
Applecare protection plan $239
Microsoft Office Student & Teacher Editon $149.95
iWork 05 $79.00
MightyMouse $49.00
iKlear Screen Singles 12-Pack $9.99

I almost fell on the floor when it was going through its initial setup routine, automatically detected my wireless network and asked if I wanted to join it, or three others it found, then finished up, went to the desktop, and detected about 12 updates for the OS and various programs, downloaded them all, and asked me to restart. Amazing.

..................it's going to be an interesting weekend!!!!

I have a presentation for one of my class Monday, in which I was going to make a 5-10 minute video. I'm wondering whether or not to do it on the Powerbook now. I've head that Apple products are far superior when it comes to that.

I was going to use Studio8 on my PC to make the movie. I'll have to dive into the books on this Powerbook and the software. Last thing I wanna do is end up wasting time because I dont know what I'm doing.

I cant wait to mess around with this thing... but can't right now because I'm working on a webmaking project for school this evening.

they sure are purdy. my notebooks desktop strangely resembles osx. the only think that isn't simplistic is trying to replace the harddrive in one of those suckers.

Thanks, Ill check it out.

Does anyone know how many memory slots there are in the powerbooks?? And in the 12 inch version? I got it with the standard 512 megs but I'd like to up it to a gig, and I want to make sure there's more than one slot in there!!

Scroatdog said:
Thanks, Ill check it out.

Does anyone know how many memory slots there are in the powerbooks?? And in the 12 inch version? I got it with the standard 512 megs but I'd like to up it to a gig, and I want to make sure there's more than one slot in there!!
All have 2 slots except the 12 inch version has 1 with the memory it came with soldered onto the logic board.

Dammit that SUCKS!!!

So I'm not going to be able to upgrade the memory on this thing........ great. :mad:

I found the 256meg memory stick on the bottom of the case, but since this thing has 512 megs, I can only imagine the 256 is for something else.

Man, this sucks.

Where the 256MB stick is on the bottom of the case is where you can upgrade the ram; just pop that stick out and put a bigger one in.

all 12" Powerbooks have 256MB of RAM soldered onto the logic board except for the 867MHz one, which only has 128MB soldered on.

just pick up a 1GB stick and you'll be fine.

Done :D

Ordered a 1 gig stick from Crucial yesterday.

Been looking around for a decent laptop backpack too, one with good protection. I think I'm gonna settle on the Targus Matrix, and maybe ge a neoprene sleeve for the laptop itself, for extra protection.

Back