Got me E6600 Up and Running

Buckus

[H]ard|Gawd
Got my E6600 up and running folding. The increase in PPD is massive! Even if I only ran one core I would be looking at a ~90% increase in PPD over the old computer! Awesome! Have it clocked at 2.7Ghz right now, waiting for a little time to try anything higher. But so far, awesome!

they are pretty slick aren't they?

I just got two systems up and running this week with E6600's running stable at 3.4ghz

talk about a reduction in frame time from my X2 4200's.....

they are pretty slick aren't they?

I just got two systems up and running this week with E6600's running stable at 3.4ghz

talk about a reduction in frame time from my X2 4200's.....

C2D systems are awesome. Look at my PPD with 13 C2D systems ;)

They would be even more awesome if they would make a stable windows SMP client so that I could actually utilize the C2Ds that I have in the office (abut 75 or so now) to run something besides the standard client

They would be even more awesome if they would make a stable windows SMP client so that I could actually utilize the C2Ds that I have in the office (abut 75 or so now) to run something besides the standard client

Amen to that, brother!

Wow, this Core 2 Duo keeps impressing me. I simply booted the FSB to 1333 (stock voltages), rebooted, and now I'm at 3.0 Ghz, eazy-peazy. With that an a minor memory timing change, the single-thread is tearing through proteins twice as fast as my old computer, and since there's 2 threads, that's 4x the points! Woot!

Back