longblock454
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Nov 28, 2004
- Messages
- 2,906
So I just got fiber, pretty lucky out in the sticks, provider is Joink, gig symmetrical. Only option from them is a Calix GS5229XG GigaSpire ONT router/wifi box thing (it does have a 10G ethernet port!) with no bridge mode. Though it does have a feature i've not seen before they call "DMZ Hosting", "DMZ hosting enables a LAN device to use the device WAN IP address as its own. DMZ places the LAN device outside the firewall." I've not played with it yet but I don't want to be double natted. My router is pfsense netgate hadware with SFP+, what options do I have for an ONT stick?
Provided ONT does not have the SFP module on the fiber, so I can't just clone it with an SFP Wizard and my hardware is not listed on the pon.wiki website.
Joink also said they have faster speeds in the works, so whatever I go with needs to be > than gig.
Provided ONT does not have the SFP module on the fiber, so I can't just clone it with an SFP Wizard and my hardware is not listed on the pon.wiki website.
Joink also said they have faster speeds in the works, so whatever I go with needs to be > than gig.