• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Got Doom3 The other day (Screenshots)

Justintoxicated

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
14,522
I got Doom3 A bit early so I spent today playing. Here is a screenshot, I'll be sure to take more for you guys who have to wait untill tomarrow.

Card is a 9800 pro and I'm running High Detail (Not Hightest) with No AA 1024x768 I think AF is 8x but im not sure. I was worried it would not run but I don't haver any serious issues other than I need more Memory to enable dual channel and keep it from pausing in the middle of fights (every now and then) to load off the HD. So Far with the system in my sig it runs decent although a new video card and another 512 of ram woudl be sweet

Doom3.jpg
 
Next shot

Proves even last gen cards will run Doom3, this card is over a year old and my system will soon be 2 years old.

Doom32.jpg


No special screeen shot settings, this is using the same settings I play the game with.

Trying to beat the game tonight, before it comes out.
 
Ok.... over 1/3rd of the way through the game and there are no Weapon Mounted Flashlgihts so far...and the whole game is in the dark!

WTF anyone else find this rather lame? I mean this is the Future! I would not be caught dead in total darkness with hellish deamons runnign around and no weapon mounted flashlight!
 
There isn't any flashlight mounted weapons...just wait till you dont get a flashlight at all :D
 
What the heck? We're on Freakin MARS and we didn't bring any Duct-Tape to prevent terrorist attacks like Donald Rumsfeld told us to? DARN IT!!! Now we can't duct tape our flashlights to our weapons so these evil demons can't sneak up on us. I tell you, next time I'm listening to the government! :D :D
 
[Tripod]MajorPayne said:
What the heck? We're on Freakin MARS and we didn't bring any Duct-Tape to prevent terrorist attacks like Donald Rumsfeld told us to? DARN IT!!! Now we can't duct tape our flashlights to our weapons so these evil demons can't sneak up on us. I tell you, next time I'm listening to the government! :D :D

ROFL!

Hey MCRAYGSX, is it any better now? I havent gotten it yet but whole game in the dark seems somewhat disappointing to me... I mean I'd like to SEE the actual environment all at once.
 
Justintoxicated said:
Ok.... over 1/3rd of the way through the game and there are no Weapon Mounted Flashlgihts so far...and the whole game is in the dark!

WTF anyone else find this rather lame? I mean this is the Future! I would not be caught dead in total darkness with hellish deamons runnign around and no weapon mounted flashlight!
Okay that doesn't make any sense. If you're thinking about the story, it's not like the main character would have thought, "Well, since there might be a demonic invasion coming, and the lights will go out but I'll have to defend myself at the same time, I should be sure to bring my machine gun with a flashlight duct-taped to it." Plus it wouldn't be nearly as freaky when something pops out at you from the shadows. It's all about the environment ID created and what makes you a little freaked out and uncomfortable, not what keeps you sane or what may or may not make sense.
 
Man i just came back from EBGAMES the still havent recieved their shipment, I Havent slept since last 28 hours.
 
gumplunger said:
Okay that doesn't make any sense. If you're thinking about the story, it's not like the main character would have thought, "Well, since there might be a demonic invasion coming, and the lights will go out but I'll have to defend myself at the same time, I should be sure to bring my machine gun with a flashlight duct-taped to it." Plus it wouldn't be nearly as freaky when something pops out at you from the shadows. It's all about the environment ID created and what makes you a little freaked out and uncomfortable, not what keeps you sane or what may or may not make sense.


I didn't say anything about duct tape, Surefire makes a nice line of weapon mountable flashlights, in fact this is pretty standard equipment even today. You would think someone going so far down into the earth would be able to afford a weapon mountable flashlight for at least the shotgun and machine gun! It would still be creepy, but would save you from having to switch back and fourth every 10 seconds...
:)
 
Back
Top