Got around to trying out Oblivion

NulloModo

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey,

So I finally got around to trying out Oblivion on the 360. It's not bad, I mean, it's pretty and all to look at, but so far the story hasn't hooked me :spoiler: (I am as far as defeating the gate a Kvatch).

The story overall seems very non-personal, like it could fit any character, which I guess fits the game. I liked the open ended-ness of picking my characters appearance, race, and class, but that seems to kill some of the drawing in ability of it too. Also, it takes forever to gain levels. I have played for 4 and a half hours and I am only level 2.

Also not quite sure how to do the guild thing, I guess I should read the manual, I got an invitation to the Dark Brotherhood, but when I got to the inn where I was supposed to assassinate some dude for my initiation, he wasn't there. Color me confused. I was hoping for an invite to the mages guild (I am playing as a Dark Elf NightBlade or whatever that class is called, and I haven't actually murdered any innocent people except for one knight at Kvatch by mistake).

The game seems to have some promise, it does take forever to walk or even ride a horse anyware. And the constant random encounters with wolves, rats, and bandits get old. Does it get better as you go along? I tried 3 times today to replay the mission to assassinate the guy, but kept getting messed up on the way there, twice buy some guard who thought I had stolen property (even though I never stole anything in the game) and once because I got caught on the wrong side of some lake.

To join the mages guild just go to one of the guild halls in a town and speak to the head of the guild hall he/she will give you a quest. You need to visit each of the guild halls and complete the quest given to you before your given access to the main guild in the main city.

You can fast travel between known places on your map.

Back