Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
PWMK2 said:You're not CPU bottlenecked lol...![]()
Eastcoasthandle said:That is correct the CPU is a bottle neck for these cards. In order to get better performance you need a fast dual core solution....
PWMK2 said:Uh... you know what... I never said that a better CPU won't increase your scores. However, what you need to realize is that all of the pics you just showed were setups where the CPU was overclocked up the wazoo. My 3dMark05 score increases a measly 300 points going from 3.0GHz to 3.4GHz, which is a typical overclock. (From about 6100 to 6400). Games are rendered on GPUs, not CPUs, although a faster CPU speed will speed up things up because the CPU is still stuck handling all of the processes.
Saying games are dependent on the CPU is idiotic. A better CPU will allow games to play better, yes, but have you noticed how it's always the better GPU that wins in the long run? Whenever people upgrade for gaming, they are always advised to upgrade their video cards first, not their processors, and with good reason - you're not going to get the same performance increase going from even an X1800XT to an X1900XTX as you would going from simply a 3000+ to something like a 3700+. It just won't happen. If you could choose to get an OK processor with an awesome video card, or an awesome processor with an OK video card, what would you get? Basically, would you choose the system with a 3200+ and an X1900XTX or the system with the FX-60 and the X1800XL? Well... I know which system would play games better, and which one I would use (hint: it ain't the FX-60 based system).
Eastcoasthandle said:3dmark05/06 is CPU limited bottom line. There is only 1 bench that I know of and GPU limited the rest is depended on how well your clock your CPU, bottom line.
Eastcoasthandle said:Tell you what take your theory and try it out for yourself for a change and post some facts. All you doing is spitting out opinions that are not true.
... All I can do is link you to facts. So by all means post your opinion but they are not facts.
Therefore, I will say it again, the GPU compliments the CPU in gaming not the other way around. There is no middle ground you do need a good CPU and GPU however, a GPU that is better then CPU will only create a bottleneck.
BBA said:Then why does a 3200 perform within a couple of FPS of an FX57 in Quake4?
I think your just being taken in by benchmarks made to push the superiority of the new 'intel' CPU.
You need to live in real life here man...no more marketing, your swayed too easily.
.
Oh...you wanted to see proof...HERE:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/cpu-games2_6.html
Therefore, I will say it again, the GPU compliments the CPU in gaming not the other way around. There is no middle ground you do need a good CPU and GPU however, a GPU that is better then CPU will only create a bottleneck.
Therefore, I will say it again, the GPU compliments the CPU in gaming not the other way around. There is no middle ground you do need a good CPU and GPU however, a GPU that is better then CPU will only create a bottleneck.
Impressive using an Opty 1900xt combo.Tetrahedron said:I get 11512 in 05 and 5919 in 06
Eastcoasthandle said:Impressive using an Opty 1900xt combo.
Eastcoasthandle said:Tell you what take your theory and try it out for yourself for a change and post some facts. All you doing is spitting out opinions that are not true.
PWMK2 said:My 3dMark05 score increases a measly 300 points going from 3.0GHz to 3.4GHz, which is a typical overclock. (From about 6100 to 6400).
No, at least none that I have heard of.Tetrahedron said:really? Is there a problem with Opty's and ATi or just the X1900?
Eastcoasthandle said:Impressive using an Opty 1900xt combo.