• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Got a strange problem X-FI Titanium HD

Mr Mean

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 2, 2004
Messages
1,355
I recently got a Creative labs ZXR sound card. But because I had some minor driver issue with 2.1 speaker setup and I lost the +12dp boost for bass and treble balance in the tone tab in the windows audio control panel, I decided to bench the ZXR and put my old X-FI Titanium HD back. I reformatted to make sure I don't have any audio conflicts with old drivers/registry entries. I also cleared the DMI info in the BIOS.

Reformat went smoothly and everything is working correctly. But a few days ago I got something very strange I couldn't figure out. All of a sudden from a cold boot, the audio card (X-Fi Titanium HD) wasn't being detected anymore but it was detected fine with in the device manager. I rebooted, After the reboot the sound card was detected but there was no audio. So I changed the X-FI titanium HD settings from Entertainment mode to Game mode to Audio creation mode and back to Entertainment mode. As soon as I put it back to entertainment mode I got radio white noise on my headsets. So I just played a video and the static was still present and no video audio was being received. The static noise override everything. So I rebooted again. This time when windows started the static noise was still present. So I uninstalled everything creative labs (I only installed the drivers and the control panel. I didn't install anything from the CD itself). After I re-installed drivers everything is working as intended. No issues now. But I did check to see which IRQ the soundcard is using it's 16. The Same IRQ that my network card is using. Now what I just exhibited, was it an IRQ conflict? Do IRQ conflicts still exist with PnP motherboards and OS to this day and age? Just something that has been bothering me for a few days :)
 
Back
Top