got a refurbished 2007wfp as a replacement?

steveng

Limp Gawd
Have had a 2007wfp since April. So far so good until recently when I noticed that it flickers occasionally. Yes it had banding problem too but i could care less. So I finally contacted Dell and explained my concerns. today I got the replacement but strangely it is not brand new. (it says refurbished on the box and the box is a lot bigger than the one that came with my monitor). to make sure i am right, i went into the service menu and it said 21 hours used.
For those of you got the replacement for 2007wfp, did you receive a brand new or refurbished one?

I'm not sure if this helps, but my parents got a replacement 1907fp and it was a refurb. How did you get into the place that tell's how many hours used?

hold menu and + button while pressing the power button. after the screen is on, quickly press the "-" button then u will see the service menu

Thanks.

Seems the refurb panel has 63 hours of use on it, and my parents have only used it 5-10 of those. Should I be concerned?

Does the time used account for time the monitor was actually displaying an image, or the time power has been applied?

Mine say 383 hours 23 minutes but I have a 10 min power save on them, and are on 24 hours a day.

I've only had them for two weeks.

I think according to dells TOS they are entitled to give you a working refurbed monitor if you need a replacement outside of the 1st month of purchase or something.

I wouldnt be concerned, the quality control on the refurbs is likely higher and it may have just been one that got sentback for a firmware flash or something. If it works then it wont matter, I mean had they sent your original one back fixed it technically would be a used refurb too.

UncleDavid218 said:
Does the time used account for time the monitor was actually displaying an image, or the time power has been applied?

Mine say 383 hours 23 minutes but I have a 10 min power save on them, and are on 24 hours a day.

I've only had them for two weeks.

I am wondering the same since I just got my monitor last week and I've already had 170+ hours logged on my monitor. There is no way that is possible since I ALWAYS turn my monitor off when not in use but my tower is still on. I'm gonna test it out today see if it does.

Well my monitors are new so I shouldn't have anything to worry about... but I was just wondering

Back