Got a NEC multiSync 90GX2!

jeeper07

Limp Gawd
Does any one have any experience with one of these cause oh boy is it sweet lookin cant wait to use it more and more and more

used it for about a day now and i swear its the sexiest thing on this earth .. has SOO many options tho.. kinda confusing

google or a forum search can answer your question. Use posting as a last resort.

i understand your enthusiasm. i'm running two of these and thoroughly enjoying it. my daughter didn't like the opticlear coating and i was kind of intrigued by the 24 inch widescreen gateway, so i exchanged teh nec's for the gateway at the local best buy store. after 3 days with the gateway, it went back and i returned to my dual nec mode. it worked out fine, though. the nec's were on sale when i returned the gateway, so i came out 60 bucks ahead in the deal. :) the 90gx2 is a great monitor. i'm hoping to get the 20 inch widescreen nec in the near future and run a 3 monitor setup. only time will tell.

if u dont mind me asking how much did that monitor cost you? cuse ive seen prices on line but i wsa wondering what it was instores?!

the price of the nec is 319 while the gateway is 679. normally, the nec is 350. tax is not included, of course. plus, the nec has a 3 year warranty and the gateway has but one.

I've been carefully reading, diligently researching various display devices on forums like this one for a couple of months now. I don't post much. I read.

In general, I have found that these forums, and the individuals who regularly attend, read, compare/analyze the various threads and posts found here; clearly possess some of the best, and often most accuate, sources of information available for these particular types of high end gear and equipment. I feel the typical "member" is well educated, knowledgeable and is an especially "savy" customer and buyer!

Therefore, I'm confounded as to why NEC's Display Devices...........
are NOT MORE RECOGNIZED, DISCUSSED & POPULAR than they are!?! I'm surprised NEC is not DOMINATING the specific threads and discussions dealing with screens/monitors/etc. After arduously comparing, considering all the various brands/models available; NEC (in my humble opinion - as I am NOT an expert) clearly manufactures one of the VERY BEST display products on the market! The NEC product, again in my opinion, represents perhaps an even GREATER VALUE! I'm ready to buy a 22, 23, 24 or if necessary a 26 inch NEC monitor! However, the poblem I am having is finding the actual "product" and/or any "real", clear or reliable information regarding NEC's intentions/plans and availablity!? Eizo does'nt offer much in these sizes either. Why?

Depite my efforts to search, find and learn; I remain throroughly confused as to the "who/what/when/where/why" is the deal - on these NEC screens. There is a another NEC topic and very long thread/discussion regarding NEC found here @
{H}ard Forums. I have repeatedly returned to the the thread and have sincerely tried to read the many pages/posts in the hopes of learing, determining what is truly "coming/going down" with these NEC sizes/models. I don't ever seem to have enough time at one sitting, to ever really determine or "figure out" what's going on.

Can someone please educate or provide/direct me to a clear source of information and/or vendor regarding the current/future availablilty of any NEC 22/23/24/26 inch displays? I'm ready to "get on" NEC, daddy'o!

Thanks in advance,
DagneyTaggert

DagneyTaggert said:
I've been carefully reading, diligently researching various display devices on forums like this one for a couple of months now. I don't post much. I read.

In general, I have found that these forums, and the individuals who regularly attend, read, compare/analyze the various threads and posts found here; clearly possess some of the best, and often most accuate, sources of information available for these particular types of high end gear and equipment. I feel the typical "member" is well educated, knowledgeable and is an especially "savy" customer and buyer!

Therefore, I'm confounded as to why NEC's Display Devices...........
are NOT MORE RECOGNIZED, DISCUSSED & POPULAR than they are!?! I'm surprised NEC is not DOMINATING the specific threads and discussions dealing with screens/monitors/etc. After arduously comparing, considering all the various brands/models available; NEC (in my humble opinion - as I am NOT an expert) clearly manufactures one of the VERY BEST display products on the market! The NEC product, again in my opinion, represents perhaps an even GREATER VALUE! I'm ready to buy a 22, 23, 24 or if necessary a 26 inch NEC monitor! However, the poblem I am having is finding the actual "product" and/or any "real", clear or reliable information regarding NEC's intentions/plans and availablity!? Eizo does'nt offer much in these sizes either. Why?

Depite my efforts to search, find and learn; I remain throroughly confused as to the "who/what/when/where/why" is the deal - on these NEC screens. There is a another NEC topic and very long thread/discussion regarding NEC found here @
{H}ard Forums. I have repeatedly returned to the the thread and have sincerely tried to read the many pages/posts in the hopes of learing, determining what is truly "coming/going down" with these NEC sizes/models. I don't ever seem to have enough time at one sitting, to ever really determine or "figure out" what's going on.

Can someone please educate or provide/direct me to a clear source of information and/or vendor regarding the current/future availablilty of any NEC 22/23/24/26 inch displays? I'm ready to "get on" NEC, daddy'o!

Thanks in advance,
DagneyTaggert

24 and 26 inch will be out in a few weeks. These will be 90 series monitors. Very high end with S-IPS panels.

23 inch panels are being discontinued. wont be one of these from NEC or anyone.

22 inch - not sure yet.

~GoaT~ said:
google or a forum search can answer your question. Use posting as a last resort.

If you are not willing to help the poster, why even bother to post in this thread? :rolleyes:
I guess we could say you are wasting forum resources by posting useless crap yourself.

To the OP, is this what you are looking for?

I had one of those monitors, i took it back. I wanted to like it but just couldnt.
Fast monitors, but no calibration software to fix the horrible colors. And that continuous back and forth auto brightening of pages just about drove me nuts.
Tried to turn the feature off but wouldn't turn off. Would have been nice if they could have upped the contrast ratio a little more also.

[/endrant]

"Therefore, I'm confounded as to why NEC's Display Devices...........
are NOT MORE RECOGNIZED, DISCUSSED & POPULAR than they are!?!"

Ditto.

After coming to the LCD market and going right for the Dell and getting my head knocked in I came to the same conclusion about NEC.

I could say I think it's because of the higher prices that NEC's get kicked to the curb but I have seen articles and reviews that will test a bunch of monitors and after the NEC comes out on top in specs it still only gets a lukewarm recommendation while a Dell gets the top nod. Of course there is usually a Dell advertisement flashing on the perimeter of the article.

Dell owns the media on the whole and Samsung has the reasonable goods and price point to own the shelf space in the big stores. Dell does make some good monitors for the price (ostensibly) but not long after the glowing reviews their units show mass malfunctions or flaws and/or Dell degrades the components down a notch or two.

Yet you will hardly read about that in the media because Dell has the media in it's pocket.

Samsung makes some good things and they make a little go a long way. A cheap Samsung TN can look pretty good. I wouldn't begrudge them their spot in the market but when I think of top monitors I just don't think of Samsung. I don't see all the monitors created but until recently most LCD"s looked liked junk to me..

I could also blame NEC itself. They do not seem very good at adverts and publicity. Even the people they use in marketing photos look genetically altered or something.

does any one with this computer get the same thing i do when playing a game. I get a optimal resolution notice in the middle of the screen every time i start a game. Does any one else get that and is there any way to turn it off?

does any one with this computer get the same thing i do when playing a game. I get a optimal resolution notice in the middle of the screen every time i start a game. Does any one else get that and is there any way to turn it off?

Use the front panel controls. Its called resolution notifier, in the menu-tools menu.

24 and 26 inch will be out in a few weeks. These will be 90 series monitors. Very high end with S-IPS panels.

23 inch panels are being discontinued. wont be one of these from NEC or anyone.

22 inch - not sure yet.

Oh my...:eek: Are you saying that NEC is actually bringing a 24" S-IPS to the market? If the price isn't too outrageous then that will go on my short list of "next monitors" :cool:

Back