• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Got a job at Intel

PC_User

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 15, 2007
Messages
5,022
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share that I received a job at Intel. Hopefully I'll be able to learn much more about processors and the manufacturing process and I'll share as much as I can. Also looking forward to the 50% employee discount. :)
 
Congratz on securing a job there, its a very good company to be working in

In my country here, Intel is regarded as one of the best options around, especially for electronic engineering students. Every year they select only a few top EE students from my university, AFAIK they are all first class honor grads

Its certainly a great thing to be able to get a job there, regardless of which field you are in.

Congratz again. (I didnt know their employee gets 50% discount, man I wish I worked there too:D )
 
*Slides you a case of beer under the table*

So, they got any other openings? :D

I would work there just for the discounts. Grats on getting the job.
 
Wow, good stuff. Congrats!

So what position did you get?
 
Getting a secure career at Intel is quite the accomplishment, in my eyes. Congrats.

What kind of requirements are seeked for your position?
 
Congrats! :D

Thinking about it, my focus within my electrical engineering degree would probably work fairly well within Intel's umbrella. Microwave engineering, high frequency circuits, wireless communication technologies, antennas, etc, etc. Oh well, work kept me in Canada and now I'm building six-figure simulators for a niche global market! :cool:
 
Awesome. Hey, see if they'll hook up the folding team with some i7's at a discount :D
 
Wow grats!

Always nice to hear job seekers finding employment lately. Especially career level stuff like this. A job like that is a nice catch in any economy.
 
Thanks. I'm pretty excited about that, but I hear it's limited to a few purchases per year. Still a nice perk.


Always good when the job has purchase perks! I wish I could get a 50% discount on my car insurance. It's funny, a lot of my coworkers don't even carry the insurance with the company they work for. :eek:
 
My plant is closing (auto industry be in the dumps), so I was inspired to apply at the Sac/Folsom location. They had a few logistics posts in the NAND dept - cheap SSD for me!

Er, I hope anyway.
 
Back
Top