Got a great deal on a PS3

so i after thinking long and hard about it i have decided to abandon pc gaming. i know i know. im a horrible person. its just that i can no longer justify the expense of continually upgrading my rig so i can play the latest games.

So...i love a good deal and i thought id brag a little. i just bought a 40gb ps3 for $399 at walmart. they have a deal now where they give you a $100 gift card when u purchase the ps3. plus i signed up for the sony credit card offer for $100 off your first purchase of $399 or more which is what i used to purchase th ps3. So in my eyes i just got the ps3 for $199:D

i cant wait. its updating now (which is taking forever)

oh yeah this is my present to myself for finishing my mba!!! woohoo:D:D:D

now if they would only release metal gear today...

Sweet, me too! Came home last night with the Sony card in the mail box and drove down to Wal Mart and picked it up :)

are you sure you get $100 off your first purchase any where with the sony card?

1. Sony Card is issued by Chase Bank USA, NA, and is subject to credit approval. Your first single sales receipt purchase made at a SonyStyle store, including SonyStyle.com equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") will automatically qualify you for a $100 Statement Credit. Statement Credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from Qualifying Purchase. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only and only one $100 Statement Credit may be earned per Sony Card account.

does walmart qualify as a sony style store?

are you sure you get $100 off your first purchase any where with the sony card?

1. Sony Card is issued by Chase Bank USA, NA, and is subject to credit approval. Your first single sales receipt purchase made at a SonyStyle store, including SonyStyle.com equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") will automatically qualify you for a $100 Statement Credit. Statement Credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from Qualifying Purchase. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only and only one $100 Statement Credit may be earned per Sony Card account.

does walmart qualify as a sony style store?

yup. there are two different offers. the first one that u mentioned gives u instant access to the card BUT your discount is only good at the sony store. the better offer

http://sonycard.sony.com/sonygatewa...&CELL=6064&MSC=&AFFID=&CLICK=&CID=&PROMO=DF01

allows you to get the discount anywhere BUT you dont get instant access- you have to wait for the card to arrive in the mail.

Love my PS3. Playing time for PS3 = 99% of the time. 360 = 1% of the time.

Love my PS3. Playing time for PS3 = 99% of the time. 360 = 1% of the time.

Not to derail, but people who say things like this always annoy me a bit, no matter the system. Are you really playing the ps3 or the 360, or are you playing games on it?

Not to derail, but people who say things like this always annoy me a bit, no matter the system. Are you really playing the ps3 or the 360, or are you playing games on it?

I agree. The new consoles have hauled in a new level of fan boyism. Enjoy your games no matter what system they are on. Nobody cares which you play.

I agree. The new consoles have hauled in a new level of fan boyism. Enjoy your games no matter what system they are on. Nobody cares which you play.
That wasn't what he was actually saying (he was talking about the sentence)... but yes, this.

Figures a 360 owner would take offense.

Who cares what he plays. I prefer the PS3 because the exclusives are better and even if there was a 360 exclusive I liked, chances are it would be on PC also, which then I would buy.

Who cares what he plays. I prefer the PS3 because the exclusives are better and even if there was a 360 exclusive I liked, chances are it would be on PC also, which then I would buy.

that whoosh was the point flying over your head. It's just as annoying if a 360 or wii owner talks about playing their system more than another, without mentioning games at all.

I'll be picking up a ps3 eventually because there are *games* I want to play on it.

Hahahahhahaha....oh man timbowens can't win no matter what side he is on... ;)

At first he was on the 360 side bashing the PS3 at every turn and the PS3 guys would bash him....then he bought a PS3 and loves it....and now he gets hate from the 360 side.

If it's released on the PC and the 360, it wouldn't be an exclusive, would it?

I've got quite a few consoles. I play whatever system I bought the newest game for about 99% of the time. Then that console sits while I play the next game on whatever system it was released for.

A couple things you should do with your new PS3
1) Get a new hdd I burned thru 60 gigs pretty fast and just dropped a 320
2) I hate the in menu auto updater for some reason updates take about 2x-3x as long for me than just downloading it on the PC and just dropping it onto a flash drive afterwards.

Good deal tho been thinking about picking one up again for another player.

Back