• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Got a crazy x850 xt pe

UnrealCpu

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 20, 2003
Messages
2,764
It does 620/625 on stock heatsink and fan.

I have a arctic cooler rev2 coming in a few days.

I can get it all the way to 650/600 on air and push 3d in ati tool np

all i can say is this must be a new ati gpu core.
 
cell_491 said:
dude look at his system stats...he has a dfi nf4 mobo...they only come in pci-e


cell check your comcast email i just wrote you.

I think i have a wonder card here

my memory is going to 640 on air! no artifacts


talk to me on AOL AIM my name is CSIG1001

thanks
 
that sounds like my buddy's X850 XT PCIe card that he has.

it does 640/640 on stock cooling. :eek:
 
ozziegn said:
that sounds like my buddy's X850 XT PCIe card that he has.

it does 640/640 on stock cooling. :eek:


Its crazy!

I am putting a arctic cooler on it in a few days.

I would rather get water cooling but i doubt it would be that much better unless i volt modded it. I dont know how!!!! maybe you can show me.

Even if i water cool it , it still needs to be volt modded.
max so far is 650/640mem

Core is maxed out at 650 due to heat. still testing the mem. I would rather take it easy then burn it up. I do think this is a wonder card capable of 700 core and 650mem
 
UnrealCpu said:
Even if i water cool it , it still needs to be volt modded.
max so far is 650/640mem

good God man...

650/640 is just insane for any video card on stock cooling and stock voltage.

I say leave the damn thing alone and screw the volt modding idea. its best to leave well enough alone and dont push your luck.
 
ozziegn said:
good God man...

650/640 is just insane for any video card on stock cooling and stock voltage.

I say leave the damn thing alone and screw the volt modding idea. its best to leave well enough alone and dont push your luck.

yeah good idea
i think im just going to put the artic cooler rev 2 on

hehe
 
Well i threw on my artic cooler and now i get 633/642 stable in games no artifacts!
Play battlefield vietnam all day long.

The fan is like silent now where as my stock was loud as crap.
This card is amazing. I might be able to get more once it burns in and the paste cures
 
That is great on air. I had to toss all sorts of mods at my X800XT/PE to get as high as I am...693/652. You should vmod your card. I would bet 700's would be hit.
 
wow that is sick, I had mine volt modded and watercooled to be able to hit those numbers. Are you located in GA? I'd say see how the Rev 2 does for you and go from there. See if there are any differences in the clocks as well as benches.
 
im in virginia , suffolk

with the artic cooler i can bench at 650/650 np .

Games its good for 630/642 , i can do 636/642 but every once in awhile i will get a torn texture. I felt it wasnt worth killing the card and having more issues in the future. SO i backed it down.

temps at cold boot are 34c-36c and during warm up it stays at 39-42c idle.
At full load my temps stay around 65c no higher. I guess i need a volt mod. I am sure this card can handle higher temps but to tell you the truth the heatsink on the card gets kinda hot but you can still touch it and leave your finger on it np.

on the chip it says 0515 so i guess its a new chip

Any links on this volt mod?
 
yang88she said:
Volt Mod Here

My ViperJohn Volt Mod w/ ViperFang GPU WB Here


The rev 2 lowered my temps like 5-7c at load and idle. And my fan is alot quieter.
I gained like 8-9mhz core / 10 mhz on the mem.
 
im now at 642/645 on air

I put 1 90mm fan to blow over the video card.

Stable as a rock

650/650 gives me reboots but no artifacts which means this card is dying for a volt mod. Im sure i could get 670 on the core if the volt mod was easy to do.
 
UnrealCpu said:
im now at 642/645 on air

I put 1 90mm fan to blow over the video card.

Stable as a rock

650/650 gives me reboots but no artifacts which means this card is dying for a volt mod. Im sure i could get 670 on the core if the volt mod was easy to do.
im gonna send you a pm with the info for the guy who did my voltmods..he does a great job and is super cheap ($40)
 
cell_491 said:
im gonna send you a pm with the info for the guy who did my voltmods..he does a great job and is super cheap ($40)


thanks for the PM, I am not sure i want to mess with it. I am getting 642/645 on air!

Thanks!
 
UnrealCpu said:
Any links on this volt mod?

you obviously have a special card that runs incredible on air and yet you're still willing to take the chance by killing it w/ doing the volt mod thing?

come on dude, I already told you not to push your luck.

volt modding is something that has been known to kill video cards in certain instances.

so if/when that does happen, you can basically kiss any chances of getting the card RMAed should something go wrong.
 
ozziegn said:
you obviously have a special card that runs incredible on air and yet you're still willing to take the chance by killing it w/ doing the volt mod thing?

come on dude, I already told you not to push your luck.

volt modding is something that has been known to kill video cards in certain instances.

so if/when that does happen, you can basically kiss any chances of getting the card RMAed should something go wrong.


you are right .

I looked at how the volt mod is done and it is not an easy mod. I am not messing with it.
For everyday gamming i.e DOOM 3 and Battlefield V. I have the card at 630/645
I can play at 636/645 but i get a torn texture once in awhile and its not worth me damageing the card. I have now placed 2 fans over the card to keep the caps nice and cool and the memory. I can still run the card np without the fans but this is just insurance not to burn up the resistors and capacitors. It now stays nice and cool and during bootup it idles at 35c and durning heatup it stays around 41c. For full load like gamming and stressing it usually hangs around 60-65c no more.
I love this card and i plan on getting a crossfire setup in the future. but that would suck if i had to remove my artic cooler rev 2. The cooler didnt help as much as i thought though but its alot quieter.. the chip said 0515 on the gpu and the ram is definitly 1.6 ns.
I wonder what the reason is for this card to be so good ? Did they sauder it with good resistors? I really dont get it. Maybe the GPU core stays cooler under load , like a new revision or something. I might post pics of the card soon with it naked , oh i had 2 x850xt pe and they never went above 570/610 so this card must be a true performance x850xt pe ?! Right now my FX55 is down and right now im using a SD 3700+ only at 2.65 gighertz. Hopefully AMD sends me a new BN processor so i can bench this at 3300mhz or more. I was getting 95k in aquamark 3d with my signature below but now i hope to hit at least 98k or more with the new FX55 BN. 100k is my goal
 
just think of us low folks still running a 9700pro, you stomp us into the ground! Isnt that enough!?!?

:p :D
 
That_Sound_Guy said:
just think of us low folks still running a 9700pro, you stomp us into the ground! Isnt that enough!?!?

:p :D

No. I like having a fast computer :)
 
I'd say be happy w/ it, I went w/ a volt mod since I was watercooling it anyway. Just go w/ the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
:D
 
Very true . I used the same concept when the dentist said i need a crown and that was over 3 years ago. My tooth is fine as of this day , although i did have it refilled 2 times from the orginial filling which was about 10 years ago. hehe.

I should of been a doctor , they make good money and lawyers are crooks
 
Back
Top