Got a BSOD for no reason. Anyone know what caused it?

jtvd78

Limp Gawd
I wasn't doing anything different than I usually do. The only thing that I can think of that I installed recently is Minecraft. Hope you guys can help.

Thanks

bsodc.jpg

EDIT: Here's the error Code:

**** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000. 0xFFFFF800032C379F)

Last edited:
Try a memtest, also did you install any new drivers? I got this same bsod once from a bad nvidia driver.

Try a memtest, also did you install any new drivers? I got this same bsod once from a bad nvidia driver.

Nope, I haven't installed any drivers recent;y, and I am using and ATI card. Which memtest should I use? How Many Passes should it go through.

Could a virus have caused this?

Look at your event viewer for kernel bugcheck. You can likely find the driver that was calling at the wrong IRQL.

The most common cause in my experience is the video card, but almost any driver or hardware malfunction can cause it.

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

0A is a pretty generic error.
Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Use the General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages checklist above. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Back