Gorilla Rack® 34W x 14D x 72H 5 Shelf Shelving Unit: $30 @ Ace Hardware

capreppy

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2009
My wife walked into our local ace hardware store and told me to research these. These are red tagged on sale thru the end of the month. Our store was sold out, but can order them for us.

Gorilla Rack® 34W x 14D x 72H 5 Shelf Shelving Unit

These are steel frame & mdf shelves. Shelves are adjustable and made of 1/4" MDF (maybe 3/8, saw them yesterday, but just a quick glance).

Just placed an order for 7 of these to organize our garage and one for my home office.

I'm not sure what is the normal retail price on these, but I would guess $70+ as they are charging $52 for 30 x 12 x 60 (obviously smaller version of this one) and $80 for the 36 x 18 x 72 (larger one).

I missed out on the Lowes deal, but I think these may be better as long as you are ok with MDF shelves.

I love you. Ace on the opposite block. I missed the lowes deal too, in a huge need for one of these.

Thanks!!

Wanted to give a bump to this. Deal dies in 7 days. I've purchased 16 of these over the last 10 days and have completely organized my garage (enough so I have room for a garage work bench) and my home office. I was unsucessful in getting enough room in my garage to put my damn car in it because my wife decided she needed to move some of HER office crap to the garage :(

If you missed the lowes deal & you want the bigger shelf's target has the all metal (black whate & silver) for 60 bucks in 48" x 18" x 72".. Thats there regular price.

To do the actual math

The ace shelf's are 2380 sq inches
The lowes/Target ones are 4320 sq inches

So the ace ones are 1.26 cents per sq inch
Target ones are 1.38 cents per sq inch
@ Lowes they were 1.15 cents per sq inch (if I remember right they were 50 bucks a set anyway)

The target ones do not show on there websight, But I listed the brand name in the lowes thread (as I happened to buy black ones from target on sale for the same price as the lowes deal the same day). But they are a regular stocked item in store..

Would this look ugly and obscene in a bedroom? Need an electronics rack among other things.

I'd be in for one for my basement BUT theres no ace hardware anywhere reasonably close to me, so F it :)

Would this look ugly and obscene in a bedroom? Need an electronics rack among other things.

If you are married, this would NOT be something I would approach the wife about.

The shelves are MDF, but you can cover them with material that would look better. I personally would not put one in the bedroom, but I am also married and am pretty sure my wife would say NO.

Not married... have a gf... doesnt live w/ me YET. I was thinking, maybe put a clothe over the shelf or something and staple to the under sides... I was wondering what material the shelves were. I really need an electronics rack.

I have two of these and just don't use them in high moisture areas. The MDF is quick to sprout "hair", but otherwise they are fine for shelving.

Last edited:
Back