GoPro?

termite

Supreme [H]ardness
So I am looking at picking up a GoPro Hero3 Black here shortly and was looking for opinions from someone who owns one.

I know there are battery life issues and that there are (or are not) freezing issues when using certain micro SD cards, however the good reviews seem so out way the bad ones. Primary usage will be for offroading in a Jeep, so waterproof is a must; along with outdoors filming when backpacking/kayaking/snowshoeing etc. I have looked at other brands, like the Contour+2 or the Sony HDR-AS15 but the versatility and mounting options of the Hero 3 are leaps and bounds better than the others.

Price is not much of an issue, I was planning on using my REI member dividend (which is about $480) +20% discount to pay for the camera plus some accessories.

I've got two of the Blacks that I use mainly for aerial footage via remote-control aircraft. So far I love the quality the GoPro provides. I only use the SanDisk Extreme series of cards and have not had a problem with freezing. Battery is a bit weak but lasts about an hour or so.

One thing I've found is that in really bright sunlight, the polarized filters are a must.

Back