Google's Voice-to-Tweet Service

HardOCP News

[H] News
Are you stuck in a country with no internet access? Do you really need to tweet something? If you answered "yes" to that question then you are in luck...Google has just launched a new Voice-to-Tweet service! Thanks to Terry O. for the linkage.

We worked with a small team of engineers from Twitter, Google and SayNow, a company we acquired last week, to make this idea a reality. It’s already live and anyone can tweet by simply leaving a voicemail on one of these international phone numbers (+16504194196 or +390662207294 or +97316199855) and the service will instantly tweet the message using the hashtag #egypt. No Internet connection is required. People can listen to the messages by dialing the same phone numbers or going to twitter.com/speak2tweet.

Now the trick is to get the word out to all of the citizens of Egypt with no internet, now no cell phones (again) and state controlled TV. It was a good plan and my hat is off to those who busted their ass to make this happen, but I think for the million man rally tomorrow, it's just too late.

GET THE BOLT CUTTERS AND CUT OFF THE PHONE LINES!!! Sorry for the caps, but I had to do it.

oh crap, twatting is becoming viral, or whatever the phrase of the day may be.

Back