Google Working On Super-Fast 'Quantum' Computer Chip

HardOCP News

[H] News
What does Google need with a quantum computer chip?

The Internet titan on Tuesday added renowned researcher John Martinis and his team at the University of California, Santa Barbara, to the Quantum Artificial Intelligence team at Google, according to director of engineering Hartmut Neven. The new hires are part of a "hardware initiative" to design and build chips operating on sub-atomic levels in ways making them exponentially faster than processors currently used in computers.

So they can market real-time advertisements. :D

Seriously though, this may prove interesting, and maybe give Google a revenue stream outside of harvesting every last drop of your online and mobile behavior.

Seriously though, this may prove interesting, and maybe give Google a revenue stream outside of harvesting every last drop of your online and mobile behavior.

Look at you being silly. Imagining google won't smash any shaped peg into the same square hole.

IT will mine your data, show you ads, or solve a workforce problem that gets in the way of the first two. That's what they do.

So they can both have your personal information and *not* have your personal information at the same time? :p

Oh the "laws" get sooooooo fuzzy don't they? :D

The primary use for quantum computers will be data mining. Google isn't going to change its business model because they have a computer that could help to solve medical problems. Fuck that, they are going to find new correlations based on your web browsing history and better serve you with ads.

The primary use for quantum computers will be data mining. Google isn't going to change its business model because they have a computer that could help to solve medical problems. Fuck that, they are going to find new correlations based on your web browsing history and better serve you with ads.

I noticed you searching on cost-effective cures for cancer. I could help solve that, but here's some ads for super expensive providers IN YOU AREA!

:D

Google has been working on quantum computing for years - quantum for image in December of 2009, Wave in September of 2010, and D-Wave's machine in May of 2013 are just a few examples.

So it will be Google that will build skynet, somehow I am not surprised.

Back