Google Working On Pill That Searches For Illnesses

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess it was just a matter of time before Google went from searching the web to searching you directly. It's not like the company doesn't know everything else about you already anyway. :eek:

Google is working on a cancer-detecting pill in its latest effort to push the boundaries of technology. Still in the experimental stage, the pill is packed with tiny magnetic particles, which can travel through a patient's bloodstream, search for malignant cells and report their findings to a sensor on a wearable device. As many as 2,000 of these microscopic "nanoparticles" could fit inside a single red blood cell to provide doctors with better insights about what is happening inside their patients.

57e071c703e2f2182c5ab5e4f76bca4db7501818b89bf4b1f2e50951c427861d.jpg

Cool, now we can see alerts when we are hungry, sleepy and horny along with some recommendations for how to cure those ailments.

Google is obviously going to be responsible for the technological singularity.

Those particles left behind will be referred to as tracking "cookies".

FTFY :)

Those particles left behind and any side effects were completely agreed upon by you upon consumption of the pill you agreed to the EULA.

FTFY ;)

Uh, no thanks Google. Keep your pill. What's to keep someone from putting these pills in the water supply with your "nano particles"? How the hell is someone supposed to verify that it is actually doing what you claim? We're supposed to take your word for it? Why don't you make a pill that kills Ebola you idiots.

I'm gonna laugh when people try this and start to get advertisements for vitamin supplements, weight loss pills, or STD pills on their web browser. It'g gonna make for awkward browsing among partners.

I'm gonna laugh when people try this and start to get advertisements for vitamin supplements, weight loss pills, or STD pills on their web browser. It'g gonna make for awkward browsing among partners.

:D hehehe

I already have both feet in with Google ecosystem, might as well hold my breath and dive in. Is there a word for lucid stockholm syndrome?

all joking aside, i think this is sweet that someone is putting money into this kind of research!

Geez, all the hostility. I would love a pill that could find out what is wrong with me. I've been through dozens and dozens of expensive, painful, and invasive tests over the past few years trying to figure out why I'm so sick, all to no avail. The thought of a pill that could help end the source of my misery sounds like a godsend to me. Trust me, if you ever have to decide between your health or your privacy, you'll let them stick an antennae up your ass if it means feeling better.

Everyone would prolly love that kinda pill from a company other than Google because we all know they're gonna find a way to abuse it and the people that use it like they do with every other product they've ever made.

just FYI nanobots are in pills already. nothing new...

Back