google wallet experience

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
Well.. Ive had my lg optimus elite for awhile and well.. With the hype of goovle wallet coming to phones with the use of nfc ... It seem like it would be fun. Well first off i went to the local wahlgreens to try it out alas no dice... Instead stood there with a long line looking like a moron .. Second go tried another wahlgreens with similar experience... Another shitty experience. Gave up for months and then tried it today at the local mcdonalds and wallah it works. Thanks for the free double cheeseburger and fries google!

The latest version of Google Wallet is Google's first serious attempt in penetrating the mobile payment space. It should have been like this from the very beginning

NFC works great at about 70% of shops in Miami FL with my chase freedom card. Wish my GS2 had one :/

Anyone have a way to install this on a VZW GNexus? Googling turns up conflicting results on whether or not it's supposed to work from several months ago, and going directly to the Google Play link just gives the message that it's not available on this phone/carrier.

Bought a coke today with it today. Gotta make sure your card is selected in google wallet had an issue with that lol.

The only 2 places i've tried with my VZW GNex are the local wawa and shop rite. Shop rite's hasn't worked both times i tried, wawa has been fine. Unfortunately, my 10$ promo credit wasn't available for some reason when I tried to use the wallet app, though its still available in my normal wallet account. strange

been using it for nearly a year now (i think...was back on my Nexus S) ... it is a very nice service, never had an issue.

I use the service almost daily at a local Peet's Coffee near my work. On occasion you have to hold it on the terminal a little longer for it to read, but it works 99% of the time.

Tried at two stores and it didn't work. but I was unlocked and using a custom rom. Now I'm back stock and locked it still didn't work when I tried to buy a laptop at Office Depot. It told me the purchase was denied this time however.

I work for a large grocery chain in Wisconsin. Our scanners will not scan a barcode on a phone with the current software. This is the problem with some stores.

Cyko, this isn't a barcode thing, it's NFC. Kind of like the paypass keychain fobs that let you pay without swiping anything at the gas station.

KTLA had a "news report" this am that talked about a magical app that linked to your PayPal that you could use in McD's in Paris...even my wife, not that much of a techie, was like, "What about Google Wallet, hasn't that been doing that for over a year?"

I use mine regularly and have never had a problem with it. Google Wallet definitely speeds up the payment process and because of that I hope it catches on and starts spreading.

Back