Google TV?

[F8]

Gawd
http://www.google.com/tv/

Only $299 for the 24" and $499 for the 32"

Anyone have one? My wife's laptop is on its last leg, and we could use another TV. My wife really only uses her laptop at home for checking webmail, facebook, netflix, and listening to music. We also would be using it to play netflix videos for our toddler, so I'd rather have something other than a laptop that would not be easily broken. I'm not sure how the google tv would work with playing mp3s or videos from a networked harddrive.

I personally love my 24" Sony Google TV. I just got done mounting it on the wall in front of my elliptical machine. It use it to keep my mind off how much longer I need to run. *smirk* Netflix works beautifully. The TV does a great job of making ST:TNG look higher def than it actually is streamed from netflix. Honestly I don't use a lot of the other features available to it. But the little bit of web browsing I have done was smooth. The only thing I would mention is that you probably aren't going to want to do a lot of typing on the little qwerty remote.

I've been very impressed with my 24" Sony Internet TV. Mostly Netflix, but it also plays videos off of my DNLA server just fine.

I might just have to have her test drive one at the store. I wonder if she could still upload photos to facebook from our camera with it or she'd probably have to use my laptop.

i've got my eyes on a sony 46" tv right now running google TV...only bad things ive found online is lack of support from google...very few apps

I have the Logitech Revue. It's a set-top box that works great if anyone just needs that alone.

I'm really interested in google tv because of the dish network integration

i've got my eyes on a sony 46" tv right now running google TV...only bad things ive found online is lack of support from google...very few apps

They JUST released a big updated for Google TV. (Just installed on mine yesterday). Updated to Honeycomb.

They JUST released a big updated for Google TV. (Just installed on mine yesterday). Updated to Honeycomb.

I have the UserDebug version of 3.1 & I'm waiting for Logitech to push the finalized version to my Logitech Revue. Is it 3.1 or 3.2?

if you had the choice between a Google TV enabled TV and a Samsung Smart TV...which one would you go with?

This seems to be the biggest question keeping me from buying a TV at the moment..I can go to a B&M store to "see" the TV's...but dont really get the opportunity to "use" them....

if you had the choice between a Google TV enabled TV and a Samsung Smart TV...which one would you go with?

This seems to be the biggest question keeping me from buying a TV at the moment..I can go to a B&M store to "see" the TV's...but dont really get the opportunity to "use" them....

I know my Panasonic's built in features like Netflix run pretty slow. Our wii and other devices are definitely preferable to using it's built in programs. Sorry, I don't own a google TV device or I'd comment on it. I would assume it works better though!

My Samsung TV plays everything but BD ISO's off my NAS (plays 1080P MKV's that are full BD rips). The UI is quick, has Netflix built in and other apps.

Back