Google Toolbar, to Install or not to?

MaXimus

[H]ard|Gawd
I have always had google toolbar installed, but I was just talking to a friend online who I trust very much, and he told me that google toolbar is teh $h!t, he said that's the stuff users used to run away from in teh past, toolbars! and now you install it with your own will? he said that it slows down your browse, takes resources, and just take over mose of teh space of your screen. So he convinved me to uninstall it and i felt that IE loads faster, but I would like some 2nd opinions from you guys

I don't care for it. I use google as my homepage, so I don't need the search function, and pop-up blocking is now built-in and better than google-toolbar's, so no need for it. I don't know if it effects speed any, but fewer moving parts is always best.

Even better solution, don't use IE, use firefox. It has google search up in the corner by default anyways, in a way that doesn't use much space.
http://mozilla.com/firefox

I noticed that 90% of teh members on these forums are Firefox supporters D

But no Firefox for meh thank you, i love the GUI of IE6, so used to it can never get used to anything else.

I used to use it before SP2 came about. SP2 adds some of the features that it did, like pop-up blocking. My start up page is also google.com, so I don't need a search bar either. I don't install software that doesn't add any functionality to my computer.

If you're using a browser that doesn't have a built in google search, then go for it. Try it for a couple days and see if you like it. If not, then remove it.

Back