Google to Launch Music-Streaming Service

well considering windows 8 and windows phone 8 include this for free: No.

best part of my phone

Don't most people have thousands of mp3s that they could just upload to google music and stream their own music that way for free?

Don't most people have thousands of mp3s that they could just upload to google music and stream their own music that way for free?

+1000! that's exactly how I manage my music upload everything to my Google music account, stream the crap out of it at work etc. :cool:

If it's like Spotify it takes two seconds to get an entire discography for an artist, unless there are licensing issues but usually there aren't.

And someone can legally put every "big" album released on a Tuesday onto a playlist in about 30 seconds and listen to them all for free.

If they undercut them, maybe. Isn't Spotify like $10/mo? Besides the fact it's free if you don't mind a few ads.

I currently pay $10/month for Spotify. It works so well, I seriously don't see how Google could entice anyone already paying for music to switch.

It's gonna have to be cheap.

Since I can store all my music on Amazon for free, and stream it from anywhere, the usefulness of services like this is dented IMHO.

It would be good for music exploration, but that's what we have Youtube for :)

$5 a month? Sure. No more though. And I want to pay yearly.

It's gonna have to be cheap.

Since I can store all my music on Amazon for free, and stream it from anywhere, the usefulness of services like this is dented IMHO.

It would be good for music exploration, but that's what we have Youtube for :)

$5 a month? Sure. No more though. And I want to pay yearly.

$9.99 however if you sign up now (it's live) it's free for 30 days then 7.98 afterwards :cool:

I currently pay $10/month for Spotify. It works so well, I seriously don't see how Google could entice anyone already paying for music to switch.

+1. I love my Spotify account. Plus it works sooooo well on my phone.

You guys in the US are so lucky.

No Google Music, spotify, pandora, etc in Canada... (well... at least not if you don't go through methods to circumvent their checks)

You guys in the US are so lucky.

No Google Music, spotify, pandora, etc in Canada... (well... at least not if you don't go through methods to circumvent their checks)

I use slacker... the free version isn't too bad imo!

I signed up for it yesterday. No idea how to get the matching/scanning working, though.

Can't you just stream stuff your own PC that you never turn off anyway? Tons of free options, and you don't let anyone snooping at your FLAC tracks.

Will this allow for the offline music like Spotify without actually owning the music? I'm in an area with hit or miss signal and Spotify's offline music/playlists is a godsend.

I think I'm going to cancel. The FLAC versions I have sound so much better.

Back