Google Opens Gmail To All

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Google says that its Gmail service is now open to everyone, no more invitations are required. I guess now would be a good time to go get a Gmail account if you don’t have one yet.

Google on Wednesday said its Gmail service is now open to anyone who wants an account. Previously the service, which provides users with 2.8GB of e-mail storage space, has been by invitation only.
 
I wonder how big their file servers are?
 
I've been using gmail for about 2 years now and love it. I don't know why it's so awesome, but using lables, and the web interface is great. The spam filtering kicks ass as well. I also have a google home page, with my gmail as a gadget, so it's kinda like having outlook/thunderbird, but it's anywhere I go.

I'm curious about their file servers as well, that ticker goes up all the time.
 
I guess now would be a good time to go get a Gmail account if you don’t have one yet.


I cant imagine there is anyone without a G-Mail acct.....I have 94 invitations left that I cant give away :)
 
Hmm, I just signed up for gmail a couple months ago without an invite. I was logged into my google account for google video, then went to the gmail site and it let me sign up.
 
Yeah f*cking right, I'm not giving them my cell #. Besides, not everyone has texting on their plans. I am text capable, but dont have the text addon via Tmobile, only able to get texts from TMobile themselves presumably. I'm about due for a new phone (haven't changed in 2+ years), so my next plan/provider may very well have texting by default - but I digress.

I saw a comment in the linked thread about maybe them wanting to cut down on spammers and whatnot, but I don't see how that would work...I mean, cant a spammer spend ~$50 or less @ the local 7-11 on a pre-paid phone?
 
Lies all lies.... it is not open to everyone. It is only open to those willing/able to cough up thier cell phone info, so you can get deluged by who knows what.

Google... go frak urself.
 
Lies all lies.... it is not open to everyone. It is only open to those willing/able to cough up thier cell phone info, so you can get deluged by who knows what.

Or you could ask a "friend" who still has a few invitations left (and no, I'm not your friend :p ).
 
I don't know why it's so awesome, but using lables, and the web interface is great.


I don't know about you, but for me:

1) works on my Handheld pc just fine
2) Ability to do a google-search through your inbox... 'nuff said.

I have several hundred emails in mine, I just search for a few key words, and like google.com search engine, I get results which are fairly close to what I want.
 
Back
Top