• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Google - Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage error

jtr8178

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
266
About once out of every 25 tries, I get a the " Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" when doing a Google search. It appears that only Google does this. I also have problems with gmail freezing when it loads up. I'm using IE8.

This isn't just me -- We have 150+ computers in the company, and this started happening about 2 weeks ago. Users have just been hitting refresh when this happens and it goes through the 2nd time...

Of course if I use Firefox, everything works fine.

Any suggestions? DNS problem? Router problem? ISP problem?

I can't switch everyone to Firefox ... It doesn't work properly with certain Intranet sites we use daily from our vendors.
 
I would wonder if you are using a web filter of some sort in the company ?
 
No web filter is active, although we have a Barracuda we are about to implement.

I called the ISP, they said it wasn't them ... really odd. I will call them back and get asked for someone higher up to look at it.
 
would you happen to be doing a round robin or loadbalancing of some sort? That might behave this way.:confused:
 
Back
Top