Google has gone crazy!

Matty2d

Weaksauce
I don't know if this is targeted from spywear/adware but on www.google.ca the input search area some-how some-way has a pulldown menu? I have check on my other computers as several others and there is no pulldown menu, just a normal search area (not to mention there are rediculous searches in that pulldown area). What do you think the problem is here? :eek:

It's likely from past searches. You'll see this a lot when you're inputting information into forms. Try it, for example, in the forums: Log out, then instead of putting your name in the "username" box, click inside the box and hit the down arrow on your keyboard. You'll likely see your username pop up.

Basically, the browser saves the information you've typed and makes it accessible in the future. I'm somewhat certain this happens in Internet Explorer, and I am completely certain (just tested it) that it happens in Firefox/Mozilla.

Auto Complete features of browsers, like carl67lp said. You can turn it off in IE by going to Tools->Internet Options->Content->Auto Complete and changing the items it saves. I'm not sure how to in the other browsers though.

Back