Google Hardforum

xphantg0d

Gawd
I just googled hardforum and this is what came up.

[H]ard|Forum Database Error
There seems to have been a slight problem with the [H]ard|Forum database. Please
try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser. ...

intersting though is that if you google hotmail it also has the blurb from a error.

Sign-in Access Error
Hotmail. Sign-in Access Error. JavaScript required. The browser that you are using
does not support JavaScript, or you may have disabled JavaScript. Help. ...

Is there a way you can fix the goolge blurb and link so it doesnt show a DB error?

You'll notice that if you click the link, it does come directly to the (working) forum. What displays there is what was indexed from google's last crawl. It will be "fixed" automatically the next time the google spider visits, nothing we can do about that.

Lethal said:
You'll notice that if you click the link, it does come directly to the (working) forum. What displays there is what was indexed from google's last crawl. It will be "fixed" automatically the next time the google spider visits, nothing we can do about that.
Yes but i was just wondering if there was a way to tell google to visit this site again.

The spider Lethal refers to is an automated bot that visits just about every web site on the interweb at regular intervals. It will revisit and refresh it's hit page, so not to worry. :)

as a side note, i'm glad to see an actual email addy on the db error page now ;)

tim_m said:
as a side note, i'm glad to see an actual email addy on the db error page now ;)
I noticed that as well. I got sort of annoyed when I saw that an email was sent to a default email addy on such a large forum. :D

Back