Google Glass Officially Banned In Movie Theaters

It's common sense, really. If you're going to the movies - cameras aren't allowed. If you get prescription camera glasses and then bitch when you can't go in because they are 'prescription', you're the idiot asshole. There is no arguing that. You lack common sense and are stupid. You look like an entitled little prick, and no one likes those people. Don't like it? Don't wear a camera, prescription or not, to the theater. I don't care if it's 30 minutes of shit video, it's a camera.

Now tell us how you really feel... ;)

I never found any solid reason to even want to test a google glass. And with all the negative attention its getting, fuck that noise.

And I'll gladly wait until the movie I want to see comes out on Netflix. And watch in the confines of my own home.

+1. just a guess, but I bet most of the people going on about "annoying entitled people" really really wish they could drop $1500 on a pair of google glasses. oh, plus another $400 or $500 for decent prescription lenses, gotta have Crizal to reduce the glare in a theater.

boggles my mind the raw hate spewed forth on this subject. for no real reason that I can find, other than a lot of Glass envy. talk about your first world problems! get a grip people.
Exactly what I was thinking. OK, so if people are walking around with the new iPhone 6+ with the ear buds hanging out of their ears, thats entitlement too, right?

I'm not getting the hate over GGlass...

I guess you never heard of people stitching video together? And I thought I was old.

Far as I'm concerned, google glass with video recording should be canned period. Its one thing to be obviously recording in public with a camera or cellphone another to be doing so in a surreptitious manner which google enables with this device.

If you think people can't be secretly video recorded in public with cameras or smart phones, you are seriously deluded. I recently took a picture of a guy at a folk music festival with a pocket sized camera to send to a friend because the guy was a dead ringer for her husband. I used 12x zoom and the guy had no clue he was being photographed.

If you think people can't be secretly video recorded in public with cameras or smart phones, you are seriously deluded.

I was careful with my choice of words, no delusions at all.

If the fellow who had his picture taken doesn't care that is his choice, just as it is my choice to constantly practice situational awareness.

Something my employer pays me good money for.

These are the people who expect us to believe their only revenue problem is piracy rather than refusing to adapt to the way consumers want to get their media.

I'm not surprised they are incapable of looking up specifications for a tech product.

The problem is shitty movies no one wants to see and over 90% of the theaters being overpriced, packed with inconsiderate assholes that feel entitled to talk on their phones through the movies and the sticky floors and work out chairs with concessions costing more than tickets.

The MPAA is ignorant.

The MPAA is ignorant.

Nope, just trying to hang onto their outdated business model.

I would pay good money to see opening night movies in the comfort of my home with 7.1 sound with a splendid meal and a drink and the ability to pause when required.

So far it doesn't look like I'll get that wish anytime soon. The last few times I have gone to the movies had to put up with sticky floors, muddled sound, ridiculous snack prices and rude people. No wonder I only go to the theater at best once a year now.

Content to wait several months for a movie to come out on disc, I'm a patient man when it comes to such things. My only concern on that matter is George R.R.Martin keeling over before finishing Game of Thrones.

Crappy battery life and poor video quality - does anyone care?
My guess is they are more concerned with advancements in technology. Someday, the cameras will be upgraded and other technical issues overcome.
Still, cell phones can do everything that glass does but better.

I would not be offended if they forbid the use of cellphones during a movie. I went to one recently and kept hearing someone else's phone ring. I don't think they answered, but they did not mute the phone either.

I also find out distracting when people are glancing at their phones. In a dark theater, the blinding light kind of ruins the experience.

...and yet, NOT phones. haHHAHAHAhAHahhaha.....hypocrites

Not like I peruse theaters more than once a year anyway...and only the one that serves dinner with the movie.

Apparently people who wear google glass are assholes, and not the judgmental assholes who are making this sweeping generalization.

I would pay good money to see opening night movies in the comfort of my home with 7.1 sound with a splendid meal and a drink and the ability to pause when required.

So far it doesn't look like I'll get that wish anytime soon. The last few times I have gone to the movies had to put up with sticky floors, muddled sound, ridiculous snack prices and rude people. No wonder I only go to the theater at best once a year now.

Same here. There are very few movies that require a trip to a good theater. For most of the other "must sees", I could watch it at home with a good system. I'd pay for it, too.

If a person had their Google Glass customized with prescription lenses, then being forced to remove them would be a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Is anyone expected to believe that a Google Glass owner with prescription lenses has no other pair of glasses?

Is anyone expected to believe that a Google Glass owner with prescription lenses has no other pair of glasses?

You never know, and I'm sure there is someone out there that would love to test this theory.

If a person had their Google Glass customized with prescription lenses, then being forced to remove them would be a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.

This would be a very interesting case to be certain. I mean you can certainly argue that your vision is a disability issue, however all the extra junk added on is there an exemption in store? I mean I can't put a laser pointer on my glasses and stare at airplanes all day long expecting to get a free pass due to ADA. I can't attach a gun to my glasses either and walk around happy as can be screaming ADA. In the same way I can't say a video camera is my "hearing aide" regardless of it's function as one in a movie theater.

Some middle ground might have to be had though, I'm not sure how the Google glasses are created, but can you remove the battery at all? Who knows perhaps movie theaters will simply have on sight prescription glasses, perhaps some all in one version that can adapt to any person's vision (if something like that existed). Either way it should be a fun watch.

Content to wait several months for a movie to come out on disc, I'm a patient man when it comes to such things. My only concern on that matter is George R.R.Martin keeling over before finishing Game of Thrones.

Right there with you. The cinema here is just trash.

I'm a bit worried of Martin pulling a Robert Jordan on us too. Been reading Song of Ice and Fire since release and it just keeps getting longer between books.

Back