Google Fiber Loses Chief Executive Officer after Five Months

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Gregory McCray is stepping down as chief executive officer of Access, the Alphabet unit that houses Google Fiber. This follows ex-CEO Craig Barratt’s departure, who left back in October 2016 (McCray was hired only in February). Recent events suggest at least some degree of drama: employees were shocked to hear him proclaim that all men were entitled to a mistress.

“We are committed to the success of Google Fiber. The team is bringing gigabit connections to more and more happy customers,” Alphabet CEO Larry Page said in a statement. “Fiber has a great team and I’m confident we will find an amazing person to lead this important business.” The reasons for McCray’s sudden departure are still unclear, but he didn’t have a smooth start at Alphabet. He made comments during his first address to Access staff that upset several employees and prompted multiple reports to human resources, according to two people familiar with the meeting.

Supposedly in an email, he said his wife calls his sailboat his mistress.

He was then reported to say that in a meeting all men are entitled to a mistress.

So either he was saying all men are entitled to a sailboat, or, all men are entitled to an actual mistress.

The way I see it, employees failed to read the email, and got offended at his comment.

To make this clear:

"At the meeting, held in March, McCray was asked about his passion for sailing, which Page mentioned in an introductory email. McCray said that his wife would often call his boat his “mistress.” Every man was entitled to a mistress, the new CEO proclaimed to audible gasps, said the people who asked not to be identified discussing company matters.

Multiple women reported the incident to the HR divisions of Access and Alphabet, the people said. An Alphabet spokeswoman declined to comment. McCray didn’t respond to multiple calls and text messages."

Butt hurt women who can't take a joke that the MANS WIFE made.

As long as Google pays people way too much for the job they got, it will be a swing door. This guy can sail on his boat the next 20 years after those 5 months at Google.

"At the meeting, held in March, McCray was asked about his passion for sailing, which Page mentioned in an introductory email. McCray said that his wife would often call his boat his “mistress.” Every man was entitled to a mistress, the new CEO proclaimed to audible gasps, said the people who asked not to be identified discussing company matters.

Multiple women reported the incident to the HR divisions of Access and Alphabet, the people said. An Alphabet spokeswoman declined to comment. McCray didn’t respond to multiple calls and text messages."

This is PC run crazy. This is a joke, perhaps a bad one, about a boat!

I personally think that it's good for a marriage/family to have a hobby that takes you away from them on occasion. I think the stresses of work and family can make one explode if there isn't a time to let off some steam focusing solely on some activity. It also helps one become more well rounded.

This is PC run crazy. This is a joke, perhaps a bad one, about a boat!

I personally think that it's good for a marriage/family to have a hobby that takes you away from them on occasion. I think the stresses of work and family can make one explode if there isn't a time to let off some steam focusing solely on some activity. It also helps one become more well rounded.
Exactly.

And for those that dont get it:
If his only passion was his wife she would likely bail.
She will have at least one Masteress as well ;)
Otherwise that would be one freaky relationship staying on permanent honeymoon to the exclusion of all else.

With what the news has been doing lately, I’m not sure why anyone’s surprised. If you take something out of context, you can make it sound as bad or as good as you want.

Supposedly in an email, he said his wife calls his sailboat his mistress.

He was then reported to say that in a meeting all men are entitled to a mistress.

So either he was saying all men are entitled to a sailboat, or, all men are entitled to an actual mistress.

The way I see it, employees failed to read the email, and got offended at his comment.

Or all men are entitled to a passion. His passion (his "mistress") is sailing.

Sounds like a case of selective hearing....that of which most women (and men for that matter) tend to do alot.

Sounds like a case of selective hearing....that of which most women (and men for that matter) tend to do alot.
Still. For people that running these huge corporations you think they would have some intelligence. In this PC world you have to be mindful of how you say things because you will get ripped apart and fired over misunderstandings.

I want google fiber where I am planning on moving to. Do that and the CEO can have all the peripheral relationships he/she wants.

Have to wonder how many of the complainers about the quote had Ashley Madison accounts?

Still. For people that running these huge corporations you think they would have some intelligence. In this PC world you have to be mindful of how you say things because you will get ripped apart and fired over misunderstandings.
The problem is that no matter how careful you are, there's no such thing as being sufficiently PC. Someone will *always* find something to be offended by.

I will play the advocate here. His statement does sounds like he is saying every man is entitled to one woman outside of marriage and he decided his to be a vehicle of some type vs a flesh woman.

I will play the advocate here. His statement does sounds like he is saying every man is entitled to one woman outside of marriage and he decided his to be a vehicle of some type vs a flesh woman.
^
^
^
[points finger]

Some folks just don't get equivocations. Damn realists.

The problem isn't that people don't get equivocations it is that this isn't one per say. You can not say 100% without a doubt that he couldn't not and would not ever be referring to having an actual mistress.

The problem isn't that people don't get equivocations it is that this isn't one per say. You can not say 100% without a doubt that he couldn't not and would not ever be referring to having an actual mistress.
Jesus Christ. The mistress is in reference to something that takes away his time from his wife. This isn’t rocket science, although I guess it is with today’s education.

This is Google we are talking about, so I would expect at least a tiny bit of intelligence there.

Maybe, if you are willingly ignorant, remove all context and make it a point to be offended, then absolutely.

It is an equivocation, he's using the word as a double meaning.

Saying if you can't be 100% certain of something that it isn't true, is silly. I can't be 100% sure you're a real person and not a chat bot. I make the assumption.

I mean, I don't mind if all women are entitled to a metaphorical or actual mistress, also. Sounds like fun.

The_Love_Boat.jpg

I want to know all the men and women who didn't get the joke. How stupid can they be? I would love to talk to them just to get an idea what they are like. Are they easy to hang out with? What do they talk about most of the time? Is it SJW 24/7?

Should you lose your job for saying people have the right to an open marriage?

Thats the problem.
The problem is that no matter how careful you are, there's no such thing as being sufficiently PC. Someone will *always* find something to be offended by.
This.......is exactly right.

Ahhh so the takeaway here is that Gregory McCray worked with guavaball hence the butt hurt march to HR to complain immediately.

Back