• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Google Earth Rolls Out Massive New Update

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
2FA
Joined
May 18, 1997
Messages
58,451
If you do not have any experience with Google Earth, playing around with it can be extremely cool as it will give you some views of the world that many of us will never experience first hand. While it does not cover every spot around the globe, it does give you a bunch of highlighted spots that you go take "tours" of on your desktop. What is incredibly cool is that Google Earth works in VR as well, and works well actually. As of today there has been a tremendous amount of new content updated. Google Earth can take you around cities around the globe, as well as all sorts of natural terrain features, and even show off a ton of wildlife. I will get the Vive on later today and see what new spots are supported in VR. If you have not done this in VR, it can very much give you a Superman point of view, no phone booth required.

Check out the video.

Yes, Mega touched on this yesterday morning, but I wanted to hit on this again due to the VR perspective that many folks may not be aware of.
 
This is awesome news, what I really hope though is that it finally lets you into buildings! Google maps supports going through many buildings (the Ottawa Air & Space Museum is particularly well done). I have been really hoping this makes it to the Google Earth VR environment for my vive!
 
This is awesome news, what I really hope though is that it finally lets you into buildings! Google maps supports going through many buildings (the Ottawa Air & Space Museum is particularly well done). I have been really hoping this makes it to the Google Earth VR environment for my vive!
Yep, I was wondering the same thing. Need to get out the Vive and take it for a spin. Not a lot of information on this from the VR aspect.
 
As someone who spends way too much time scouring the planet on Google Earth, the VR aspect would really be killer.

Had no clue about that. Nice news.
 
As someone who spends way too much time scouring the planet on Google Earth, the VR aspect would really be killer.

Had no clue about that. Nice news.
Google Earth is VR is AMAZING. For that matter, simple Maps is too, but Earth is crazy. Standing next to Devil's Tower, and being the same size of it is cool as hell.
 
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm getting Aw snap! The new Google Earth isn't supported by your browser yet. but I'm using the latest version of Chrome.
 
As someone who spends way too much time scouring the planet on Google Earth, the VR aspect would really be killer.

Had no clue about that. Nice news.

You might like geoguessr.com. It drops you in a random spot in the world in Google maps and you have to figure out where you are.
 
Back
Top