Google Deleted 200 Million “Pirate” Search Results in 2013

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google removed more than 200 million infringing links in 2013? Whoa, that's a whole lot of pirate links. :eek:

Copyright holders have asked Google to remove more than 200,000,000 allegedly infringing links from its search engine this year. At the current rate the 2013 total is expected to exceed a record breaking quarter billion URLs. Music industry groups RIAA and BPI are the most active senders, with dozens of millions of URLs each. FilesTube is the most-censored site, with over seven million of the search engine’s links now removed from Google’s search results.

Strange I can type in any movie with thepiratebay after it and get results. For instance 'thor dark world thepiratebay' and bam, bunch of links to torrents. What exactly has google been deleting? Good first step might be to not have their spiders catalog known sites like thepiratebay :D

So much for a search engine. It's more like a search and we'll show you what we like...

BTW: They missed Somali pirates. Still there.

Strange I can type in any movie with thepiratebay after it and get results. For instance 'thor dark world thepiratebay' and bam, bunch of links to torrents. What exactly has google been deleting? Good first step might be to not have their spiders catalog known sites like thepiratebay :D

The broken and dead links.

Nobody uses Google to search for illegal download locations anyhow :p

Not anyone smart at least.

Nobody uses Google to search for illegal download locations anyhow :p

Not anyone smart at least.

this. If you want to search for pirate material, google search the pirate search websites themselves and go from there.

More like now that youtube has a near monopoly on video and android on mobile they want to start selling people shit. Google made their monopoly on pirates searching now they are going to force them to buy lol.

I like how the RIAA, MPAA and all those other alphabet agencies think this is going to do anything.

Back