Google Chrome Most Resilient against Attacks, Researchers Find

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Researchers have analyzed Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer, and found Chrome to be the most resilient against attacks due to a tight lockdown of components, separation of duties, and greater identifiable vendor efforts for automated vulnerability discovery. I can only assume that Firefox and Opera were left out of this test because they aren’t popular options in “enterprise usage scenarios.”

...the company made sure to note that while Google sponsored the “time resources” required for X41 to conduct this research, the agreement was that they would not interfere with their testing methodology or control the content of their paper. “We are aware that we could unconsciously be biased to produce results favorable to our sponsor, and have attempted to eliminate this by being as transparent as possible about our decision-making processes and testing methodologies,” they added.

Dumb test. They should have included firefox with script block addon.

I'm sorry but secure with flawed design != secure. Chrome gets some fundamentals (dealing with security) wrong... absolutely wrong, like how they handle proxying. Whatever....

Tried to be bias my ass. From what I read it seems most of the reason chrome is resilient is either because chrome supported more html5 features or because edge suggestively redirects legacy websites to IE. lol

Ha! What a joke. If I had a dollar for every malware infested "free TV" Chrome add on I have seen, I could retire.
Doesn't matter how secure the vault if an idiot installs a door that requires no key. This isn't taking about addons.

Back