Google check out @ Buy.com extended til 11/06

Thanks for the heads up OP,

This gives me more time to research certain products i was looking at

sorry for the dumb question, but what advantage does google checkout have over paypal?

Hey Ben, wanna share some of your findings with me? Im always down for free items. ( im not asking for your free items, rather the link to them)

Thanx

gilga said:
sorry for the dumb question, but what advantage does google checkout have over paypal?

Hey Ben, wanna share some of your findings with me? Im always down for free items. ( im not asking for your free items, rather the link to them)

Thanx
Using google checkout @ buy.com gives you $10 off a $30 purchase. You can use the discount as many times as you like till it expires (nov 6). Yes you'd have to place multiple orders to get multiple discounts but 33% off is well worth the trouble imho, and certain products that have mail in rebates would end up being "free" after all of the disounts.

AHHHHHH! Should've waited then... although I don't think they'll have a sale on the items I just purchased.

I just purchased an Xbox 360 VGA cable and Plug and Charge kit there with the Google checkout.

SJetski71 said:
Using google checkout @ buy.com gives you $10 off a $30 purchase. You can use the discount as many times as you like till it expires (nov 6). Yes you'd have to place multiple orders to get multiple discounts but 33% off is well worth the trouble imho, and certain products that have mail in rebates would end up being "free" after all of the disounts.

what's the 33% off u r talking about, how do you get that?

what's the 33% off u r talking about, how do you get that?

Sometimes I think people are so lazy now-a-day, they would ask immediately before even attempting to initiate their brain to think...what's $10 off $30? Isn't it approximately 33%???

hbui said:
Sometimes I think people are so lazy now-a-day, they would ask immediately before even attempting to initiate their brain to think...what's $10 off $30? Isn't it approximately 33%???
naw he ain't lazy, it requires more effort to type than it does to figure it out, we all have our "senior" moments :p :D j/k

how can i choose it? it's not showing as an option for me. i do have google checkout though

gonna use this for purchasing my 360 and put the $10 I save towards Gamefly ... thanks a bunch OP!

Yep, something is definitely up, looks like the google checkout deal may have expired...

Glad i still have my buy.com visa card. They send you some pretty killer exclusive coupons (20% off, $10 off $10 etc) and i've racked up quite a few bonus points already.

is the buy.com card worth getting? I always see random great deals there, got my z5500's for $200 shipped :cool:

so does anyone know how google's going to make money off of google checkout? Just seems like they're losing a lot with this $10 off thing, especially since it can be used more than once (I've saved $30 from it :cool: )

ChingChang said:
is the buy.com card worth getting? I always see random great deals there, got my z5500's for $200 shipped :cool:
It all depends, do you need/want another credit card? If so then i'd say it's worth getting, just be sure to at least glance at the fine print. I charge my gas, groceries, airline tickets on the card and i'm racking up the bonus points. The $30 discount off the first purchase came in handy as well. Also you get exclusive coupons emailed to you that are better than the buy.com coupons floating around the web. They don't seem to sell your info to third parties as i haven't noticed any suspcious spam in my inbox.

ChingChang said:
so does anyone know how google's going to make money off of google checkout? Just seems like they're losing a lot with this $10 off thing, especially since it can be used more than once (I've saved $30 from it :cool: )
My guess is that Google is building up their member base, figuring they'll profit from you somewhere down the road ;)

ChingChang said:

I applied.
they gave me $4,000 limit, 11.24% interest, $30 off first order, 3% rewards, no annual fee, and I think payment deferral

Your credit rating may be better than mine where 11.24% is "high" for you, but having recently come down from companies trying to get me to sign up for 23.24% interest cards, it's a welcome alternative.

I see the banner on the website but I'm not given the option of google checkout when I'm trying to check out.

Back