Google Assails Microsoft’s Bid for Yahoo

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google doesn’t seem too happy with Microsoft’s bid for Yahoo, saying the deal threatens innovation and openness. If I remember correctly, that last time we heard this kind of talk was when Google announced it was buying Double-click and Microsoft was complaining.

“Could Microsoft now attempt to exert the same sort of inappropriate and illegal influence over the Internet that it did with the PC?” asked David Drummond, Google senior vice president and chief legal officer, writing on the company’s blog. “While the Internet rewards competitive innovation, Microsoft has frequently sought to establish proprietary monopolies — and then leverage its dominance into new, adjacent markets.”

Google should just shut up.

After all, it's not like anybody uses Yahoo for anything other than e-mail. Google should just enjoy the fact that Microsoft is out a lot of money even though it's probably a drop in the bucket for them.

Proprietary monopoly? Last time I checked, Microsoft more often make sure most of their software work on all platforms.

Absolutely terrible, What a bunch of hypocrites over there at google. Maybe I will have to find another search engine to use, it would serve them right if more people did it. Google telling Microsoft what to do then you find out they are in talks with Yahoo too, awful. I hope the government goes after Google like they did Microsoft, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Back