Google and other sites wont load in browser.

Subtle

Limp Gawd
Alright, i got a huge problem with my Toshiba Laptop P300 with XP Professional installed.

Sites like Google, Youtube, Altavista, Facebook does not load, nothing happens when i try to do a google search or visit facebook, nothing happens.

I have tried various firewall settings, spyware and virus removals, and various security levels etc etc.

Sites like this one works, MSN, MSN Seach, Steam works.. newspaper sites works etc.

I have no idea what to do about this, ive tried on both wireless and cable, i have even tried another internet distrubutor, but the results are the same.
Ive also tried Firefox, and Internet Explorer with no luck, also upgraded windows to SP 3.

When i restored my firewall to default settings, i could do a google search, but after 5 seconds i couldnt do a new search.

Please help, i need this to work.

Try clearing DNS Cache (ipconfig /flushdns) and setting the correct DNS Servers in your lan settings or router, I use OpenDNS and works great all the time

Also check the Hosts file at: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\
You'll see the "HOSTS" file, right-click it, "Open With.."...select "Notepad". See if there are any entries in there affecting those sites etc.

Could be an MTU issue in your router: anything change there?

MTU issues just cause crazy stuff like that. MSN won't load, Yahoo loads halfway, Google loads fine, etc... Just oddball stuff.

I had to reinstall the whole thing to get it to work again, and it worked just as it was supposed too, but now suddenly, after ive done nothing else but installing the same game (FM 2008)
The same sites are now not working again.

Did a scan with avast found this:

windows/system32ljJCrPIY.dll

and was unable to remove

Back