Goofy USB Devices of the Day

I would imagine they are going to charge an arm and a leg for those in 1 gig form.lol

I used to do a lot of photography as a hobby, so the Canon SLR USB drive would be something I might like if it's not too overpriced.

As an aside, I wonder if they are also promotional gifts used by sales reps. Otherwise someone from Canon goes to a show, sets up his stand to advert their new cameras, and gives out little camera USB drives while there.

You can buy Christmas tree ornaments that look like real things or miniatures, so maybe these are like those - with a USB inside.

I wouldn't mind if my Gowron figure on my desk had a USB port sticking out of his ass. :)

I dunno. I hardly ever use a thumb drive anymore. When I do, I just use a normal 5$ kind.

There's the sushi usb sticks. I wanted to get this USB key. Comes in 2 different clothes.

rei_ayanami_usb_flash_drive_from_neon_genesis_evangelion_2.jpg

3651275623_bde017762f.jpg

ruf2-swt-parp_c1-400x300.jpg

Just in case your USB key wasn't likely enough to be stolen (and I've seen them stolen before), they've made it look like a consumer electronics product someone might REALLY want to steal.

So let me get this straight ... They want us to buy USB solid state memory placed into a more bulky form that looks like an expensive device that would highly likely be stolen?

Um, pass! :confused:

Probably just marketing gimmicks. Canon getting them as giveaways for photo/video tradeshows, for example.

ah if it's a real camera and camcorder with decent image quality the thing can be useful, it it's just a concept than it's too bulky.

I have a 5d Mark II, so I am vaguely interested in the 5d Mark II USB device, but considering its size it would need to do something more than just hold a few gigs of data. Perhaps If it was CF card reader since the 5d Mark II uses CF cards. Still doesn't justify the size, but it might get some sales.

Back