• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Goodbye Team 198...Hello Team 33

ccityinstaller

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
4,237
I am bringing 6 cores over to HardOCP, starting today. I just installed the GPU client on my Q6600 box with a X1950Pro, so I'm going to see how it works out. Just wanted to let everyone know what I was bringing over..
 
I am bringing 6 cores over to HardOCP, starting today. I just installed the GPU client on my Q6600 box with a X1950Pro, so I'm going to see how it works out. Just wanted to let everyone know what I was bringing over..

Welcome here to Team 33, I'm more than glad that you are still folding no matter for which team, but I'm curious as why you came here instead of sticking with your team? Not that I mind, just am curious...

I'm gonna drink a glass of cold Southern Comfort to your coming here...

 
Way back when I first started folding, it was for [H], but somehow I ended up with Anandtech.
 
Welcome.

I just installed the GPU client on my Q6600 box with a X1950Pro, so I'm going to see how it works out.

Its not worth running a GPU on a multi core CPU.
The gain in PpD is a only a few hundred at best but you will pull an extra 60-90 watts out of the wall.
So your looking at ~10 Points per Watt running a pure SMP folder and 7 Points per Watt running a combined folder.
Only run the GPU client on anything that won't run the SMP client.

Luck ............ :D
 
Thanks for the information. I cannot get the SMP client to install. Every time I do it tells me that it cannot gain access. I went in and setup a password for my user account (which is the admin) and it still says it cannot gain access? Any thoughts?

Welcome.



Its not worth running a GPU on a multi core CPU.
The gain in PpD is a only a few hundred at best but you will pull an extra 60-90 watts out of the wall.
So your looking at ~10 Points per Watt running a pure SMP folder and 7 Points per Watt running a combined folder.
Only run the GPU client on anything that won't run the SMP client.

Luck ............ :D
 
Are you running Vista?

Did you turn off UAC? (User Access Control or something?) If yes... you can turn this "UAC" back on after you are done installing the SMP.
 
Thanks for the information. I cannot get the SMP client to install. Every time I do it tells me that it cannot gain access. I went in and setup a password for my user account (which is the admin) and it still says it cannot gain access? Any thoughts?

Disable UAC - then reboot
login as a user that has admin powers
Run cmd (right click it and run as admin)
go to the installation folder
run install.bat
run fah.exe -configonly (be sure to say yes to big wu)
if you said yes to service then type in services.msc
go to folding listing - go into the properties
modify the logon in the properties "There should be a log in as option"
reboot

Wait couple of mins - verify

Oh yeah u can turn on the UAC back...
 
Thanks for all the quick replies, but I am running WinXP Pro SP2. I have a Vista upgrade disc sitting here and can't bring myself to install it until I see how SP1 pans out. When I rebooted my computer today, it asked me to click on my username and input a password, so I know that part is working. Any ideas?
 
Disable UAC - then reboot
login as a user that has admin powers
Run cmd (right click it and run as admin)
go to the installation folder
run install.bat
run fah.exe -configonly (be sure to say yes to big wu)
if you said yes to service then type in services.msc
go to folding listing - go into the properties
modify the logon in the properties "There should be a log in as option"
reboot

Wait couple of mins - verify

Oh yeah u can turn on the UAC back...

Thanks for all the quick replies, but I am running WinXP Pro SP2. I have a Vista upgrade disc sitting here and can't bring myself to install it until I see how SP1 pans out. When I rebooted my computer today, it asked me to click on my username and input a password, so I know that part is working. Any ideas?

Alright since you're running XP... All you have to do is exactly the same as above but just ignore the UAC parts... I reckon that's the only thing you need to do... I'm not too sure where you're being stuck at? If you could, could you please take a screenshot and ms paint something indicating your problem?

Thanks.
 
BTW, go to the FS/FS Tricks and Trolls section and fix your issue. Otherwise, your comeback might be useless as you will be banned...
 
I have no issue with anyone here at Hardocp, and have told my side of the story. It's funny how I've never had any trouble with any trader ever, and massive has left out the two other deals that I helped him without any problem. I wasn't able to speak at Anandtech publicly before I was banned. My heat speaks for itself. I just completed another round of selling without any trouble.
 
Back
Top