Good wireless router with USB print/file server?

scottmso

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for a good wireless router that has USB ports for print server and file server functionality.

One of the most important things is that the router be able to assign "static" IPs via DHCP (based on the device's MAC address). I have a cheapo Uniden wired router that can do this. However I have had two wireless routers (a USRobotics and a cheap CompUSA one) that can't do this (at least not as far as I know.) Thus I need to keep my Uniden and a wireless router, something that increases the clutter on my desk. Right there that's two networking devices, and that doesn't even include my gigabit Ethernet switch and (non-working) print server!

Specifically I want something that can be used to run a print server as well as run BitTorrent downloads on an external USB hard drive. Right now I'm looking at the Asus WL-500G (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833320008) which is $110. It has two USB ports (for printer and HD), which is exactly what I'm looking for. I want to see if there is anything like this that is better and/or cheaper (if possible!) Any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks!

Back