Good weather for folding?

may i be worthy

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2010
Thinking of moving to a new country to make folding easier? :cool:

Great new tool to visualise when average temperatures will make folding hard or easy at your place: http://weatherspark.com/#

Melbourne (in backwards F for y'all):
original.jpg

Maybe Dubai is not the best choice for a keen folder:
original.jpg

That looks very spiffy.

Looks like it has a TON of options.

From a folding perspective, I suppose moving to a place with consistent temperatures would be vital. Also don't forget that you will want to move somewhere that has reasonable electricity rates, as some parts of Scandinavia and Europe will bankrupt a folder.

I'm hoping to move to Anchorage at some point, and they supposedly have pretty mild summers along with winters that arn't as cold as people think.

10yearsofweather.jpg

10 year history of my town!

Average high in summer, 70F.
Average low in winter, -15F.

Very cool to fold!

Last edited:
10yearsofweather.jpg

10 year history of my town!

Very cool to fold!

Yes, but can an outsider moving from the mainland US make a living there? That doesn't look bad from a folding perspective, especially if your electric rates are reasonable up there.

Moving to another country just for folding? If that's not [H] i don't know what is.

I live in OH, but am considering all different states as I want to get the hell out of here. I don't like big populated areas, although a city needs to be big enough where you can make a living.

well... here they call basements indoor pools...
2zef8k1.jpg

looks like orlando isnt to bad, but stupid me cant figure out how to embed the live graph here :D

The perfect place for weather and low electric cost is the Northwest, hydroelectric power.
Idaho had cool temps and some of the lowest electricity in the country, by far the best choice.
North California and Central California (Washington and Oregon) are also good places to consider.
Alaska has the best temps, but electricity is one the rise. In two years we have gone from 12 cents to over 18 cents a kilowatt

Reporting in from Central California. We get a bit of everything.

weathergraph.jpg

@ W.Feather: I did a screen capture with Irfanview and uploaded to Imageshack.:D

bahh, too much work, especially since i'm on campus where upload speed is horrid

Back